Build Bankroll?

• AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Not sure if FT forum or general is best place for this but maybe FT players can give better advice.

So I have cashed in 2 freerolls for 3$ each in the last week at FT. Have never deposited there. My bankroll stands at 4$ and I am registered in the FTOPS warmup, 1+.10 sat got me in.

I blew 1$ on the DD today, well shouldn't say I blew it because on the bubble I was in BB with KK and it folded around to SB who shoved. I had him covered but only by around 1k, blinds were 400/800 at this point I think, my thinking is bad time for a steal attempt. Turns out he had 88 and of course had to spike a 8 on the turn. End of my poker for the night after that, oh well.

Ok vent over, question is what is the best way to build BR at FT??

I can't seem do find DoNs anywhere. I played them at Stars after a small cash for 5$ or something in a WR2, cashed around 80$ of time and built BR there to 40$ before being stupid (not aware of PS or BRM at this point) and blowing it all trying to sat into WCOOP small-ish stakes events. I'd like to think I'm a better player now that I have read many strategy articles and watch some videos here, learned about stats and PT3 and such so should make my time a little easier.
  • 12 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      If you only have $4 I would suggest NL2 and hope that you don't get any bad beats, after that you could try the $1 SnGs which are very soft. Good luck with whatever you chose.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GunFlavoured
      If you only have $4 I would suggest NL2 and hope that you don't get any bad beats, after that you could try the $1 SnGs which are very soft. Good luck with whatever you chose.
      Good advice imo, can't add much to that.

Full Tilt don't currently do DoN's.

Not sure how long you've been playing on Full Tilt Alexander, but they have some good ftp points buyins/satellites in which you $T.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

Bart
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Originally posted by GunFlavoured
      Good advice imo, can't add much to that.

Full Tilt don't currently do DoN's.

Not sure how long you've been playing on Full Tilt Alexander, but they have some good ftp points buyins/satellites in which you $T.

Bart
      Thanks for the input. Trying to decide if its worth grinding NL2 or just taking a flyer on 1$ SNGs, won't be clearing any bonus or getting any rakeback since I just downloaded the software from the FT website a year or so ago but never really played or deposited there.

My big concern with NL2 would be the ridiculous play. Watched 6 tables for an hour or so tonight and feel like SSS wouldn't work. Saw numerous multiway AIs with cards like 47s, 78o, etc. Getting your money in good is great and all but if people are just gambling the odds in coin flip situations suck. Sticking it in with AK, KK, AA is all good but the odds go down when you get 2 or 3 callers. Maybe BSS with 2BIs as crazy as it sounds.

After writing this I feel like trying to play by any type of BRM is useless and maybe just "gamble" on a good upswing until I hit 10$ or so?
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      i played 1$ sngs with my 5$ until i had 8.80, enough for four $2.20s and built it up to $20 pretty quickly
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      Just play SSS. If you have 50% for a triple up, you are making profit. $4 is 10 buyins, you will be just fine.
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      I think matrix tournaments pretty good for building from absolutely 0, hard to lose in ALL of them(which I managed to do twice today when I was bored, was hyper turbo though).
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      What's a matrix tournement?
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      1 buyin with 4sngs all with same players with an overallranking
    • chrisohare
      chrisohare
      Basic
      I think a great way to build your bankroll up is if you look for the satellites to the bigger tournaments e.g FTOPS where the buy-in is $200+$16 there are smaller sats at $5+$0.5 buy-in which will get you into the $216 FTOP tournament then you can take the buy in out which we go on your account for $216 tournament dollars which is a great to use to build a bankroll i had about $100 on my account i won 2 of the FTOP satellites and had lik $400 tournaments to play with and by the time i had used all my t.dollars up i had my bankroll build up to near $1000 real money
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      probably a bit late, but if u have a ticket into the warm up, unregister and voila! instand $15 BR, perfect for SSS NL2
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

they have some good ftp points buyins/satellites in which you $T.

Bart
      I have 4400FTP.
      Which sat. are best to use them for ?
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      probably a bit late, but if u have a ticket into the warm up, unregister and voila! instand $15 BR, perfect for SSS NL2
      Warm Up is only 5+.50...gonna take my chances with it.

Just a little update...I never deposited at FT so FTPs are next to nil..

NL2 is brutal, lost a many BIs on it, only upside is getting academy credits just for playing. Get my $$$ in good and get sucked out everytime lol, what are ya gonna do.

Lost a few $ here and there on DD and Ferguson, usually bubble as I tend to play fairly aggressive on the bubble since so many players try to fold their way to cash. Maybe I should change that.

Got a little boost from another Omaha final table last night, 5$ WOOHOO!

Have been playing for $ only during happy hour trying to get as many FTPs as I can.

Took the advice of someone who said 1$ SNGs but decided I would do the HU ones and they don't take very long. 6 of 7 so far, boy these guys are awful, small sample ya I know, no need for the lecture lol.

BR $8.84 and 5.50 Warmup ticket
      FTP 19.88