[NL20-NL50] AK nl50 sh. slowplay(?)

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      tried to find some info about it but no luck. im just wondering what u guys think about sometimes, when we have position, checking behind nonscary flops like this and not making the standard c-bet? hoping he will take a stab at the turn.. and if so, against what kind of opponents? thanx

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $49,75
      Hero:
      $86,15
      MP3:
      $20,35
      CO:
      $41,50
      BU:
      $17,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:club:
      MP3 calls $0,50, CO calls $0,50, BU calls $0,50, SB calls $0,25, Hero raises to $3,00, 3 folds, SB calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,50) T:heart: , A:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,00, SB calls $3,00.

Turn: ($13,50) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($13,50) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7,00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13,50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Kc)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (As Kc)
  • 3 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      BY the look of his stats he looks like a fish , he has some sort of pair with waek kicker or a pocket pair \, you can just bet for value in this spot , like $4.5-5 on the flop 65-70% of the pot on the turn, and i m even shoving river in this spot. by the way hes stats look like, he is haveing problems folding 2nd and 3rd best hands, he will often call with Ax, pocketpairs he may even call with KT .

:D

:D :tongue:
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      vladnz

yes against this opponent its usually just bet bet bet. dont remember why i wasnt betting more this time.

but this hand wasnt really the important thing. just want some general opinions on the "check behind top pair instead of c-bet" play. we avoid bloating up the pot with just toppair, inducing turnbluff/call when villain would have just folded to flopbet. etc etc. maby this is a c-bet for value EVERYTIME.. maby not? and if not, why/when? would appreciate a short description by one of the coaches :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      vladnz

yes against this opponent its usually just bet bet bet. dont remember why i wasnt betting more this time.

but this hand wasnt really the important thing. just want some general opinions on the "check behind top pair instead of c-bet" play. we avoid bloating up the pot with just toppair, inducing turnbluff/call when villain would have just folded to flopbet. etc etc. maby this is a c-bet for value EVERYTIME.. maby not? and if not, why/when? would appreciate a short description by one of the coaches :)
      at that case I´d also bet/bet/bet to get as much value as you can with your top pair
      slowplay or going for pot control is good if you think that player would fol always worst hands and continue with better ones. Like if you have KK an flop comes A73, then you can check behind, since likely you would induce more value if you´d bet and take pot down nearly 90%, also that makes good there to check back with set or AK. Against weaker players I´d usually not check back almost never, since I want to get as much value from there as I can and for that I should start betting on the flop.
      If player is tricky and aggressive then you can sometimes check back with top pair, since that would induce sometimes more value if you´d c-bet and took down pot on the flop.