Hem is a virus?

• VonSiim
      Today i was opening HEM and my virus program(avast!) alerted and sayed that virus has been detected. info: Win32:Malware-gen, virus/worm
      File name: C:\Users\siim\AppData\Local\Xenocode\ApplianceCaches\HoldemManager.exe_v66A9D9E6\TheApp\STUBEXE\@PROGRAMFILES@\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HMImport.exe

Any help!?
  • 5 replies
    • kevinsmak
      Wish I could help I installed the trial version about a week ago and I get the same message. I turned off avg and I get a handler error. Sucks I had PT3 and not happy with the SnG portion. Looks like I'll have to reinstall PT3, tried reinstalling as well didn't help might contact support later if I figure anything out I'll post it here.
    • moneybo
      hem isnt virus there just some security stuff messes avast.
      just do this
      1) go into your C:\users\username\appdata\xenode\appliancecaches folder (nor username will be your windows user name) and delete all the sub folders there. These are old cached versions of Holdem Manager and are not needed.

2) download new version from http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe

if there isnt this xenode folder then just download this hmbetaupdate.exe and it worked for me.
    • DuvelS
      Are you using Kasperky for internet/virus protection? I use Kaspersky internet security 2010 and it detects virusses/riskware in al my pokersoftware!
      Some virus-scanners, like kaspersky, are just to good in detecting riskware!
      I just ignore it and everything is fine with the pc. I rather throw away Kaspersky then deleting my pokersoftware.
    • xponentx
      The newest beta fixes it.
    • netsrak
      Latest version is 1.09 without any Beta.
      It should fix the virus problems too.