SSS and Small Blinds

• THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I don't remember reading to change your play at all on the small blind in the strategy articles, if so sorry.

But do you open your range when on the small blind and there are no raises? Or are we just supposed to fold every hand outside of the starting hands chart. I have opened my range to A8-22 and call on the small blind. Is this okay?

I play a check fold unless I hit 2 pair/ set or I have top and see weakness.
  • 5 replies
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      If it is folded aruond and I am 1st in in the small blind I usually raise 60% of my card.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello THeGaME23,

I like the way you are thinking about developing the strategies that PokerStrategy offers. The things you are refering to are talked about in Silver and Gold articles. You are opening a wider range on the button or sb, in order to get the bb to fold. Against some players this is good because they will fold and you should win 1bb. Against other players this is not a good idea because they are fish who call too much. So picking the right player is important.

The one thing i will add is that you should rarely complete the sb unless there are a lot of limpers. Then you can complete with lower pocket pairs and hope to hit a set.

Also please remember that PokerStrategy offers live coachings. There is one tomorrow for SSS with gerv starting at 7pm CET. More information can be found here --> coaching schedule.

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hello THeGaME23,

I like the way you are thinking about developing the strategies that PokerStrategy offers. The things you are refering to are talked about in Silver and Gold articles. You are opening a wider range on the button or sb, in order to get the bb to fold. Against some players this is good because they will fold and you should win 1bb. Against other players this is not a good idea because they are fish who call too much. So picking the right player is important.

The one thing i will add is that you should rarely complete the sb unless there are a lot of limpers. Then you can complete with lower pocket pairs and hope to hit a set.

Also please remember that PokerStrategy offers live coachings. There is one tomorrow for SSS with gerv starting at 7pm CET. More information can be found here --> coaching schedule.

-Jack
      Thanks for the feedback :) . Yeah from reading through more strategy articles I can see what you mean. With SSS it's not profitable to call with an ace any lower than a jack with just limpers. You just never know what they are limping with, it could be aces.

Yeah i've never been to a coaching before. What time is that in EST? Sorry im bad with time zones.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THeGaME23
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hello THeGaME23,

-Jack
      Thanks for the feedback :) . Yeah from reading through more strategy articles I can see what you mean. With SSS it's not profitable to call with an ace any lower than a jack with just limpers. You just never know what they are limping with, it could be aces.

Yeah i've never been to a coaching before. What time is that in EST? Sorry im bad with time zones.
      Hello again THeGaME23,

Congrats on making silver status ;)

According to this website --> http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc the time should be 12pm (Midday) EST.

-Jack
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Thanks again kingdippy, I hopefully will be at the coaching. Good luck to you as well :) .