[NL2-NL10] NL25sh. 88 with a little history.

• SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Villian is a LAG, 33/30 at the time of this hand but slowed down a little towards the end of the session. SB was a lagfish (57/17).

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.41)
      Hero ($30.27)
      UTG ($25)
      CO ($76.07)
      BTN ($48.83)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 8:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.25) T:heart: 7:heart: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25, SB folds

TURN ($4.75) T:heart: 7:heart: 3:club: 8:club:

Hero bets $3.25, BTN raises to $8.75, Hero calls $5.50

RIVER ($22.25) T:heart: 7:heart: 3:club: 8:club: Q:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $12.75, Hero calls $12.75

Final pot $45.37

Given how loose the opponents ranges are I did feel I would have the best hand a lot of the time, and didn't want to loose value by having the flop get checked through and giving both villians the chance to catch up with their random draws for free.

I was planning to fold on the turn until I hit my 8, I got a little timid after he raised my second donk bet though.

Putting him on a J9 type hand I thought I might just call the turn and fold the river to a pot sized bet.

Anyway I called due to good odds. Am I missing value here by not shipping any street?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, really depends on whether he can show up with worse made hands or flushdraws when he repops the turn. The main problem for worse made hands like sets and overpairs being that he didn't raise to protect on the flop and the turn card should be horrible for him, so unless he's really aggro and can take suboptimal lines just to be tricky J9 indeed makes the most sense. Maybe he wanted the fish to stay in the pot or something.

That being said if you're not planning on folding a blank river, given that he committed himself with a draw on the turn already, you should just shove over his raise and be done with it, unless he has TT we're still ahead or at least drawing live.

Hope it helps.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Yeah that makes sense.

He showed QT btw.