This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 - Top Pair good kicker against push on the turn!

• rafadana
      rafadana
      Bronze
      Villain stats are 42/4.5/5 with a W$ at SD of 60%

When he made the donkbet on the flop,i thought he was on the FD trying to get a cheap turn,or maybe a pocket pair like 88-TT to "test me",see if i hit the queen.

Does he make that play with aces/kings here?I think its a possibility,since his PFR is so low(4.5),and i didnt see he reraise any hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed)

BB ($25)
      Hero ($44.10)
      SB ($14.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Qs, Js.
      Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.

Flop: ($2.25) Qh, 7h, 2c (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2.5, SB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7.25) 4d (2 players)
      SB bets $11.30 (All-In), Hero calls $11.30.

River: ($29.85) 6c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $29.85
  • 3 replies
    • kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      This is very read dependent; If you have seen him do this with top pair and no kicker you can call

I reraise more on the flop smthing like 4.5$;

as played i would fold and wait for a better spot to put my money in. I think you see here 77/22/KQ/AQ or some weird two pair too often to make it profitable
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Exactly. I would play this hand like kexix. Raise more on the flop if you put him on a flushdraw (~4.50) and fold to that big turn bet. What do you beat? A flushdraw, a Q with a weak kicker (except from 7,2 and 4) and a bluff. There are many more hands that beat you. So just fold and wait for a better spot.
    • rafadana
      rafadana
      Bronze
      Yeah,after looking at this hand on PT i tought "wtf was i thinking?"

But this hand happened when i still didnt had PT,and i didnt have his stats or anything.

I called,and for my amusement he fliped K7o (WTF?) :baby:

But if this happened now,with PT and PAHUD,i think its a crystal clear FOLD!

And yeah,the flop raise was veeeeery weak!

Hoping to participate more on the forum! :)