tables selection on 0.25NL 6max

• 4 replies
    • Bierbaer
      There are no absolute numbers you should look at.

I myself look at the combination:
      - low hands per hour (indicates multistreet-play so higher WTSDs in general)
      - high average pot
      - high players per flop %

I.e. on Stars 200NL6max a table i get on the waiting list at would be something like <80 hands per hour, >25% players/flop, average pot >13-15bb.
      Again, these are not total numbers.

Just get on the waitinglists of the tables that look best and play some hands there.
      Once you played 20-30 hands and have some stats you can identify the players.
      If there's a fish you want to play against - stay.
      Otherwise just leave the table and search for a new one.
    • gavinonymous
      I also like to start new tables or look at 4-3 handed tables.

5 handed tables sometimes you get a really bad seat (maybe that's why it was open)

6 handed tables sometimes the fish are gone by the time you get there and just 5 nitfish waiting to catch bluffs.

4-3 handed tables are good because you can pick your seat more easily

2 handed or less is variable, but I have good luck avoiding regs this way, and you can get more fish joining (but also more short stacks)

I don't trust the numbers - they can change so quickly depending on how new the table is and how many players were there. I like to play a few rounds and get an idea of where I stand.
    • Sasa1234
      It is pretty much the same as lower limits like NL10. I generaly try to play loosest tables and those with biggest pots.
    • kosmonaut111
      I play 6max NL10 and move in a week or so to NL25. I start choosing my tables based on avg pot - this could mean good fishes who arent afraid of big pots (but more aggro fishes than passive).
      Next thing I look is waiting list - when there are 2 or more players, you can be quite sure that the fish (fishes) are already gone by the time you sit in.
      I like to play deep tables (ftp), because there is min buyin 50 BBs and that way you can play more poker. I sit down on deep tables also with 100BB but can play deepstack play also after doubleup. (this is not so big proplem on SH because it doesnt attract so many shortstackers).
      After sitting in, I play some time and when I see that there arent any fish or just I dont run so good on that table (sometimes I encounter too much 3bets from a lot players etc. and I dont feel comfortable anymore), I leave.