[NL2-NL10] NL5 some feedback plz

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      I wonder how I should play instead, or if it really was ok play.

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , A:club:
      5 folds, BU calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,20, BB folds, BU calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,44) 9:heart: , Q:heart: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,30, BU calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,04) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,75, BU calls $0,75.

River: ($2,54) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,38 (All-In), BU raises to $1,61 (All-In).

Final Pot: $8,53

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Ks, Ac ] two pairs, Kings and Queens
      BU shows [ 9d, 9s ] a full house, Nines full of Queens
      Hero wins $2.77 USD with two pairs, Kings and Queens.
      BU wins $5.48 USD with a full house, Nines full of Queens.

This one I was very sure of that he didnt have any T with higher kicker, pocket KK or anything like a premium hand.

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:heart: , T:spade:
      UTG+1 calls $0,04, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BB raises to $0,40, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,84) Q:club: , Q:heart: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, BB raises to $1,20, Hero raises to $2,17 (All-In), BB calls $0,97.

Turn: ($5,18) J:diamond:
      River: ($5,18) K:heart:

Final Pot: $5,18

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows [ 9c, Ad ] a straight Ten to Ace
      Hero shows [ 7h, Ts ] two pairs, Queens and Tens
      BB wins $4.93 USD with a straight, Ten to Ace.
  • 5 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      1st hand - ok played in preflop and flop I think. Turn bet is ok too, I would check the river and fold to an all-in bet, you can only beat bluff with your hand. Possibilities for straight, flush, trips, set - you don't want to push here with your AK.

2nd hand - fold preflop, there's basicly no deadmoney either in the pot (for what it's sometimes ok to bluffbet).. even if it's daniel's "favourite hand" it's a garbage hand you want just throw away in this kind of situation.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      first of all: never post the results of the hands you played. It could affect the answers you get. Everybody who wants to evaluate your play should be in the same situation as you were: not knowing the hand of your opponent.

the first hand: I would check/call the turn and fold to a big riverbet. You dont want to play for your whole stack with AK in that situation and especially not on that board. You dont beat many hands here.

the second hand: as degnic already pointed out: fold preflop. Why did you want to play that hand?
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah concerning the second hand, I dont know why I posted it since right after I had posted it and turned off my computer and went to bed I just realised how god damn stupid it was to even play it, and that was all my own fault. Wont post another worthless hand again lol. And thanks for the feedback on the first one.
      And I will keep in mind not to include the results in future posts
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      You must learn to walk before you can run stick to hands that has value before the flop before you learn how to play postflop game. The reason you don´t play trash is in 99 cases of 100 you have no idea what to do when someone plays back at you if you miss. (You should have an idea just fold the crap even if you hit twopair on a paired board you are often dominated or the opp has lots of outs against you. I can´t run and i have learn t the hard way by losing and losing again. Now I´m sticking to SHC and damn it if I´m not making a profit. Fancy play is not for low limits
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes thats very true, I dont know what came over me, but it sure as hell is gone now haha :P . And for the record, Im going to try out the SSS again, strictly following chart etc :) . I suppose I may well be switching to big stack some time later on though, or what the hell, who knows? Haha :)