Multitabling Stud?

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Anyone play 2 or more tables of stud at a time? Any tips, suggestions, things to avoid?

I tried 2 tables of stud tonight and it was pretty rough. I had to close one 20 min into it because it was irritating me and went on to lose 29 BB's in 105 hands. :f_biggrin: I coulda spared 6 bb's not chasing what I assume was 2pr with my higher pair two times but I folded a f draw on 5th in a 16bb pot to a correctly read full boat, so I'll just consider it 4bb's lost, and I'm not that terrible at stud based on my good fold. :f_p: Anyways, 2 tables of stud just gets on my nerves and tilts me a bit so I'm not gonna try again anytime soon.
  • 7 replies
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Now you know why Stud has lost its appeal and Holdem is #1 online. 2 tables is max I play, after that I find that its useless, never profitable and takes away the excitement and feel of the Stud game. I found that when I want to multitable I will play 1 table Stud, and 2 FR Limit tables and this allows me to concentrate on Stud and play the game properly but still make a good BB/100.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      When I first playing stud I opened up two tables all the time. Now that I keep track of all the dead cards it's a pain in the ass - I don't want to lose that edge so I tried to keep track of dead cards on both tables. :f_o: Having a tourney table open is doable though, or listening to music.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i'm sure there would be some sort of HUD or other software out hthere that would help u multi table stud? somthing that tracks dead cards and such?
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I have a hud. It's a free version that works with PT Stud but the dead card tracker doesn't work. Stud HUD It's probably best that the card tracker doesn't work because that would be a big advantage over someone who doesn't have it. But if there's one out there that is reliable then I want it too so I'm not at a disadvantage vs. someone who does.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      As a bit of an experiment, i think with the end result showing; "How stressed can one human being become whilst playin micro limit online cash poker" I (who am a predominantly NLHE Touney/Med Cash Player) decdied it would be fun to mix in some micro limit stud gaves - given that i understand all the variants and thought it would be good practice..

Table #1 Razz 5c/10
      Table #2 Razz 5c/10
      Table #3 Stud Hi 10c/20c
      Table #4 No Limit Hold Em' 25c/50c

Lol It was funny - but i was really just playing to test myself and see how much i could take! as it turns out, i had a grey hair after 15mins lol

Sabo :club:
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabo999
      As a bit of an experiment, i think with the end result showing; "How stressed can one human being become whilst playin micro limit online cash poker" I (who am a predominantly NLHE Touney/Med Cash Player) decdied it would be fun to mix in some micro limit stud gaves - given that i understand all the variants and thought it would be good practice..

Table #1 Razz 5c/10
      Table #2 Razz 5c/10
      Table #3 Stud Hi 10c/20c
      Table #4 No Limit Hold Em' 25c/50c

Lol It was funny - but i was really just playing to test myself and see how much i could take! as it turns out, i had a grey hair after 15mins lol

Sabo :club:
      Awesome...but i would like to see some1 try multi table 10 different poker variants at the same time. Now that is a test.... ^^
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Just play 4 tables of HORSE or 7game... you will go crazy because of the constant pace of each table... and usually you're playing at least 3 different games at one time. Not to mention the change between FL, NL and PL when your playing 7game tables.