This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Multitabling Stud?

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Anyone play 2 or more tables of stud at a time? Any tips, suggestions, things to avoid?

I tried 2 tables of stud tonight and it was pretty rough. I had to close one 20 min into it because it was irritating me and went on to lose 29 BB's in 105 hands. :f_biggrin: I coulda spared 6 bb's not chasing what I assume was 2pr with my higher pair two times but I folded a f draw on 5th in a 16bb pot to a correctly read full boat, so I'll just consider it 4bb's lost, and I'm not that terrible at stud based on my good fold. :f_p: Anyways, 2 tables of stud just gets on my nerves and tilts me a bit so I'm not gonna try again anytime soon.
  • 7 replies
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Now you know why Stud has lost its appeal and Holdem is #1 online. 2 tables is max I play, after that I find that its useless, never profitable and takes away the excitement and feel of the Stud game. I found that when I want to multitable I will play 1 table Stud, and 2 FR Limit tables and this allows me to concentrate on Stud and play the game properly but still make a good BB/100.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      When I first playing stud I opened up two tables all the time. Now that I keep track of all the dead cards it's a pain in the ass - I don't want to lose that edge so I tried to keep track of dead cards on both tables. :f_o: Having a tourney table open is doable though, or listening to music.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i'm sure there would be some sort of HUD or other software out hthere that would help u multi table stud? somthing that tracks dead cards and such?
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I have a hud. It's a free version that works with PT Stud but the dead card tracker doesn't work. Stud HUD It's probably best that the card tracker doesn't work because that would be a big advantage over someone who doesn't have it. But if there's one out there that is reliable then I want it too so I'm not at a disadvantage vs. someone who does.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      As a bit of an experiment, i think with the end result showing; "How stressed can one human being become whilst playin micro limit online cash poker" I (who am a predominantly NLHE Touney/Med Cash Player) decdied it would be fun to mix in some micro limit stud gaves - given that i understand all the variants and thought it would be good practice..

Table #1 Razz 5c/10
      Table #2 Razz 5c/10
      Table #3 Stud Hi 10c/20c
      Table #4 No Limit Hold Em' 25c/50c

Lol It was funny - but i was really just playing to test myself and see how much i could take! as it turns out, i had a grey hair after 15mins lol

Sabo :club:
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabo999
      As a bit of an experiment, i think with the end result showing; "How stressed can one human being become whilst playin micro limit online cash poker" I (who am a predominantly NLHE Touney/Med Cash Player) decdied it would be fun to mix in some micro limit stud gaves - given that i understand all the variants and thought it would be good practice..

Table #1 Razz 5c/10
      Table #2 Razz 5c/10
      Table #3 Stud Hi 10c/20c
      Table #4 No Limit Hold Em' 25c/50c

Lol It was funny - but i was really just playing to test myself and see how much i could take! as it turns out, i had a grey hair after 15mins lol

Sabo :club:
      Awesome...but i would like to see some1 try multi table 10 different poker variants at the same time. Now that is a test.... ^^
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Just play 4 tables of HORSE or 7game... you will go crazy because of the constant pace of each table... and usually you're playing at least 3 different games at one time. Not to mention the change between FL, NL and PL when your playing 7game tables.