check/call flop, donk turn

• nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      What do you think of this line? Do you ever use it yourself? It annoys the hell out of me, but then I thought that it must annoy other people as well so maybe I should start using it myself!
  • 8 replies
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      I use it in HU Cash games but it depends on flop structure, sometiems I ch/r flop donk turn

but yea, this line annoys me :)
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      @fakedurr - when you c/r flop, you are aggressow on turn. So you are not donking there but continueing your aggression.

This play is called floating OOP and I dont use it. It can be profitable, but I think every other option(c/r flop, float IP etc.). Thing is that it is quite hard to recognize right spots for this move and you are often in trouble with this move. (I think you meant here donking turn as a bluff/semibluff?).

So overall I think, that until midstakes you dont need to use this move.

Dealing with these donks is hard, but I think holding a really strong hand, I would raise it. I would throw away my bluffs. With semibluffs it depends on reads and action before. With a reasonably strong hand I would call and hope to see a showdown at a reasonable price. I dont know if these are good plays , but cant say anything else.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Check/call flop, not c/r...
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      wtf I just had 3 regs in a row use this against me today... as if they've read this thread and decided to mess with me :f_frown:
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kosmonaut111
      (I think you meant here donking turn as a bluff/semibluff?).
      obv it's gonna have to be balanced... sometimes when I hit the draw, sometimes when I already flopped a good hand/nuts, sometimes bluff/semibluff etc...

I think it's good to have as many moves as you can in your arsenal but yeah I don't think I'll incorporate this one until higher limits.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the OOP float mean c/c flop then fire the river if villain checks turn?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i use it a lot as a bluff just with air, and also for value on turns that villain will only barrel better hands on

yeah, i tihnk an OOP float is C/C - CK - bet, or possibly more precisely: C/C - C/F - bet
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      yeah, i tihnk an OOP float is C/C - CK - bet, or possibly more precisely: C/C - C/F - bet

ok, then I have understood this thing wrong.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Love this line :D

I'll mix it up, sometimes i'll have nothing, sometime i'll have top pair, some time i'll have the nuts.

Half the time i make the play because i know my opponent is weak and leading the flop will either mean me getting raised or them folding. The other half of the time i'll make it because im playing an agro/losse/maniac typ player, let them bet for you and instead of check raising the flop just call on the turn lead out, they take it as week and that your trying to snatch th pot and get raised :D Works best if you have the image of been relentless :]