Advise on playing live

• rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Ok i need your help guys i'm playing poker with 3 of my friends every weekend and i want to get better and playing vs them so i want you to tell me an optional strategy to use while playing 4-handed with starting stack of 75BB i want you to tell me the starting hands i should use and i definetly shouldnt use and stuff like the thanks to everyone who helps me.

P.S. Sorry if i posted in wrong section i didint find any section related to live poker.
  • 4 replies
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      any one?
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      wowowweewow ...

No really we could write a book on what youve just asked.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Articles on NL SH would tell you about everything you need to know for now.

Until then - ABC poker, odds/outs, playing draws for postflop play... in live poker it's a very big advantage if you can spot tells that opponent gives away when holding monster or pure bluff, so advanced theory against known opponents maybe isn't that neccesary.
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      If i met you two minutes before the game and had to give you some last minute advice I would say; "if no raise, raise with pp, and a7+. if already a raise push with jj+ and ajs+ aqo+"

But thats obviously far, far too basic and seen as you have time; learn! Learn the game on a full table basis and it becomes obvious that the less players the greater value in hands both preflop and post flop. Hence the starting range of your hands goes down and the value of say middle pair greatly increases. I was on my way to typing a long article like piece next, but then realised that much you need is here. Make that all you need. Learn your starting hands for a full tabled sng and then down size accordingly based on:
      1) experience- best source of learning.
      2) whats on here, ie sh articles.

GL