So Farr, hands, big losses, Wins, and where Im at now!

• RNorrie
      RNorrie
      Bronze
      Thought it may interst some of the beginners like myself that may not have made as much progress as me, Im using SSS strictly for the most part. Sometimes its nice to see what the flop has even if I have the least amount of cash at the table.

So Got my $50 on Sat morning started playing and enjoying the free money obviously, played around an hour and was abit shocked at how much the Strategy works. Its not just about playing your ass off and getting lucky but betting with the right cards and in the right position with a perfect bet, now I find most of the time people fold which I have began to realise isnt a bad thing if you can steal the blinds three times cash out with the 25 big blinds and move to the next table. Now most of teh time I do this. And it works very well, but I sometimes stay if the players dont call me. I found that with the 4 times the big blind bet makes people fold, for the beginners hold in there the cards will come and that when you can win the blinds and double up. so first day i basically earned around 20 dollars in a few hours playing only one table. It was interesting as there were a few bad beats with better cards and worse cards. One of my recent bad beats was Ace 10 suited on the big blind I limped in with one other person the flop came 10 8 8 so with top pr I raised 10 cents and the guy re-raised 10 cents to 20c so at this point I said Ace 8 does he have??? So I call to see the next card and boom theres my money money the card the 10 so the cards stand as this 10 8 8 10 so yea im pretty excited i have like $4 in this room as i had just doubled up so i raise 60c and the guy re-raises me 60c to 1.20 so obviously with the best hand I jumped on it and went all in he called and the rvr showed a king , i was golden and then he flips up pk 8s. Dammmmmm lol

but I fought on same guy took another $2 off me with my Ace Q against pk Qs with me hitting the Q on the flop and giving him three of a kind but fought back at a different table and day 2 with a $35.00 profit not a bad few hours. So would like to advise the beginners follow the strategies they workk!!!!!!! and would like to thank the web host as well as its staff and am now pretty excited what I am going to learn and yea keep rolling.

so my bank management first statement lol
      :heart: $105.18 Can 3:09 am
  • 9 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi RNorrie,

Thanks for your kind words, I'll make sure that these are passed onto the Admins and PokerStrategy staff, thank you.

Seems like you've made a really good start, nice, well played.

Your right, patience is a big factor and not being tempted into playing hands outside of the SHC is very important.
      It's always worth mentioning that sss is very "swingy" and you will experience some downswings during play which are not any of your fault. With time however these should even out and you should make steady progress.

Keep reading & re-reading the articles, maybe attend a free live coaching sessiona and above all.. enjoy your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      SSS do works...Good luck 4 ya.

I've been winning on pokerstars for about 2 months using SSS, however the last 4-6 days... I've been losing so badly. The problem is how do u handle yourself when u losing continously. Losing to bad beat continiously. Losing to lower hand continiously and so on...

I'm resting now with 456 FPP (44 points to go in 3 weeks), and still in positive ROI.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      20k hand loosing / break even streaks is standart for SSS. Upswing will come if you play simple SSS without (major) mistakes and with proper BRM.
    • RNorrie
      RNorrie
      Bronze
      yea had one of them losing days today where alot of the best hands dont win the main thing to do is to ensure that I keep composure and dont do no crazy tilt shit lol. One of the problems I have always had is a lose a few hands that i should not lose and then go crazy lol but im good taking a break for the night let the cards do there thing.

Bank roll statement 2:

$115.01 can

39.66/150 points

2 months 25 days to unlock bonus
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      I learned 3 most important things from this site

BANKROLL MANAGEMENT

SSS strategy

Do Not Tilt!
    • RNorrie
      RNorrie
      Bronze
      just a quick status update with 1 or two questions as well. So had a pretty good few hours of poker and worked out real good for me.

so first question so i Buy into a table with $3.00 not $2.00 and play SSS and is working fine with me I go to little blind with Ace King suited and there are 3 CALLERS so raise to 70c and the first guy folds second guy gos all in and third calls him so I go all in to $3 to guy calls and I get a full house winning the pot of like $10.00 :) ).

Q1. So very next I am the dealer and get dealt Pk AA :) )) and raise and get a caller and win another $2.00. so now I have around $12.00 and alot more than 25 big blinds soooo Do I just leave and not see the cards even though they are in the top 10. Because if I left after the first big win I wouldnt have seen the PK AA and the only reason i stayed as they are free cards.

So do I stay in the table and only play PK AA or KK if I get them and leave wen I am big blind or Leave and not see any cards. The reason I ask is yet again the next hand second to the dealer I get AK after just getting AK, AA and a guy went all in and I really had to decide wot to do so I folded and left with the money is this the right move.......???

Anyway any feedback would be great thanks.

Bankroll Statement 3:

:heart: 137.84 CAN

41/150 points to unlock restricted bonus 5:33pm

Thanks for any feedback
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      This is interesting, i/m having the same problem to quit before the BB come to me.

According to BR management u should quit the table after getting ur profit, however WHAT IF i stay till the BB come coz i'm only goin to play with AA or KK? Meanin you are playing more tighter than ever.

I played on NL0.10/0.25 and lost about total $90 in about 4-5 hands in diff days.

Example:
      Buyin $5 managed to win $29 and i didnt quit (which is SO SiLLy of me)

How i lose my $90?

*AA vs 89 ( he was on tilt and all in preplop), He raise to 2BB, i raise to 7BB, he straight all in!!! (pot about $50, luckly i didnt go on tilt after losing this hand)

*KK vs QQ (all in preflop, he got his set QQQ)

*AA vs 33 (all in preflop, he got his set 333 on river) TWICE my AA losing to set 333 in 1 day.

SO? U better quit when u get ur targeted profit. DOnt wait like me, these hands might happen to u. Losing PREMIUM hands to lower hand. I have a very good hand but, somebody has VERY GODLY LUCK.
    • RNorrie
      RNorrie
      Bronze
      yea lol that is def somethig I have to look into more... it just seems stupid to to leave if I am now the dealer and seeing 7 free hands... or is it that i have made the money I need to make run like there is no tomorrow and buy in minum again.

Its ot logical just to leave as you don thave to call unless you have the big hands to play with but like u said Justin good hands get beat and even better then that better hands get beat.

Still in a dilemmaaa lol
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Well you can take your money and run to be safe I suppose.

Put it this way, I don't and good and bad things have happened, it all evens out.

All on NL10...
      Once I got a double up, preflop had pocket Kings and raised standard 4x MP2, BB pushed with JJ, no J or K on board. Next hand had Aces same sort of situation someone shoved with 66 but hit a set and no Aces. Instead of leaving with 3.70 or so I ended up with 2$ and grinding again. This has happened more than once, or I get enough to leave but raise say AJo late position only to have someone shove and I end up giving it up and not having the required BB to leave.

On the other hand I hit a sick orbit lasting heater, couldn't miss anything. Double up from button and keep hitting for a few hands, end up leaving when BB comes to me with 7 something.

Again, it all evens out I would think unless you do take the money and run.