[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR = Tc Ac played like a fish?

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Hello again, I was hoping to get this hand reviewed. I never know exactly what to do with AT and so I always find myself in sticky situations like the one below. I'd like advise on what I should do following a min raise to my contibet with TPTK.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $2.97
      UTG2:
      $5.00
      MP1:
      $3.41
      MP2:
      $1.17
      MP3:
      $1.08
      CO(Hero):
      $5.05
      BU:
      $7.55
      SB:
      $6.59
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU calls $0.25, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.82) 4, 4, T (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.20, UTG1 folds, Hero...?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Without reads i'm calling, we have TPTK and it's hard for him to have anything really unless he can show up there with JJ+ or 4x which we don't know, maybe a flushdraw if he's aggressive with those.

I'd call a reasonable bet for sure a blank turn, maybe a heart turn depending on what he does. I'd expect most players to shut down a bit on later streets unless they have us crushed or they're simply psychotic. If he jams depending on his timing and the spazz equity i think he has, i'll usually close my eyes and call or just go away if my guts tell me not to.

Hope it helps.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      But under no circumstances raise the bet with TPTK? This is what happened afterwards:

Flop: ($0.82) 4, 4, T (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.20, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $4.80, BU calls $3.60.

Turn: ($10.42) 4 (0 players)
      BU gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($10.42) T (0 players)
      BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.82.
      Results follow:

BU shows a full-house, fours full of queens(Q Q).
      Hero shows a full-house, tens full of fours(T A).

Hero wins with a full-house, tens full of fours(T A).
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well with more information on BU pf range you could, and you can certainly go broke even now if you don't mind the variance, but mostly in those spots i usually assume unknowns are more likely to play draws passively, which means in that spot unless he's overplaying another Tx or bluffing it's very possible he's got you crushed somehow. If he's bluffing, your 3bet will get him to fold, while calling him down might allow him to continue to bluff into you.

So basically if you put him on Tx/draws you should shove, if it's 4x/JJ+/bluffs you should call down. When in doubt i usually take the slow approach to be able to make more informed decisions on the turn.

Hope it helps.