This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 99

• JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($23.39)
      Hero ($13.20)
      UTG ($22.82)
      UTG+1 ($12.82)
      UTG+2 ($25.92)
      MP1 ($10)
      CO ($105)
      BTN ($49.64)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BTN calls $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $13.20 (AI), fold, BTN calls $11.70

FLOP ($28.15) Q:club: 8:heart: 3:club:

TURN ($28.15) Q:club: 8:heart: 3:club: A:diamond:

RIVER ($28.15) Q:club: 8:heart: 3:club: A:diamond: 5:diamond:

BTN wins $26.75

UTG+2 16/9
      BTN 16/13

Looking back I think that initial raiser has to be MP3/CO in order to make this move, ?
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I think this squeeze was a bit too much here. You have an increased stack and opponents are not that loose, besides its an Early position raise.

Have you got positional stats on UTG2 and a large sample? that could make some difference.

It's a good idea to try estimating UTG's opening range and 3bet calling range and make some calculations so you can get a good feel for these situations ;)
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      In order for a move like this to be profitable, he'd have to be raising like AT+ 66+ KQ which is pretty loose. More likely he is raising AQ+ TT+ so easy fold.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      u need AQs,TT+ to squeeze here and usually be ahead of both their ranges
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      I think this squeeze was a bit too much here. You have an increased stack and opponents are not that loose, besides its an Early position raise.

Have you got positional stats on UTG2 and a large sample? that could make some difference.

It's a good idea to try estimating UTG's opening range and 3bet calling range and make some calculations so you can get a good feel for these situations ;)
      I agree with dandycal because then you can make your squeezerange.
      I dislike assuming a standard sqz range since every scenario is unique

- Gerv
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      All depends on how loose/aggressive UTG+2 plays.

If you think 99 is ahead of his range, then push.

I'd pretty much ignore the BU in this spot, unless that cold-call is a very odd play for him (like he usually 3-bet's super light, but suddenly slows down) then he might be slowplaying a monster.