[NL2-NL10] FR NL 10 After Double up

• torpeharcsa
      torpeharcsa
      Bronze
      Hello

I just learned the basic of SSS NL 10 (been playing SNG's before) and played my first session.

After you double up and say you have 30-40 BB and just played as small blind.
      Q #1 : Do you leave the table or wait till the big blind hits you again?
      Q #2 : If you stay do you tighten up?
      I have been dealt AK 4 times after, continued to play as SSS. Is that correct? Or just play QQ+?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi torpeharcsa,

It is usually suggested that you tighten up with a double stack (QQ+). With more experience you don't need to tighten up like this, as you'll be able to make the necessary adjustments depending on the size of your stack. I personally play any hand of the SHC with a double stack.
    • torpeharcsa
      torpeharcsa
      Bronze
      Hi dandycal

Thank you for your answer!

At one point from late position I raised with AKs to 4 BB as first in and the BB big stack put me all in.........( i was playing no stats) ended up folding.......

Correct or not?
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      there is no right answer tbh :)
      its hard to fold AKs.
      the BB shows significant strength putting his whole stack on the line.
      u have no reads or feel for the table, probably better to fold.
      playing with stats helps make these decisions!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      It is usually suggested that you tighten up with a double stack (QQ+). With more experience you don't need to tighten up like this, as you'll be able to make the necessary adjustments depending on the size of your stack. I personally play any hand of the SHC with a double stack.
      This concerning your OP

For your other question, it depends on the effective stack: your 30-40bb stack or your opponents stack which has less than you

If it is your stack, I think that if you are from mp1+, I play openraise/shove with A:hK for <40bb.

Realize that you are still playing with a smaller stack compared to other stacksizes most of the time

- Gerv
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      I just leave table cause im still learning to multitable, so i can mess up and forget where i was double stacked :f_biggrin: For me thats +EV. For now.