Jack of all trades - Master of **** all

• 11 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by clarkie1989

Also procrastination is a huge problem for me :f_frown: these things so far have been my downfall in life when it comes to anything, including poker, and as the title of my blog may suggest ive dabbled in a bit of everything but never really committed to mastering any form of the game.

This sounds EXACTLY like me... it took me a while to settle down and focus on one type of game :s_biggrin:
    • clarkie1989
      clarkie1989
      Bronze
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Your play isnt bad.

One raiser 2 callers, calling preflop isnt a sign of strength. These players will often fold to a big 3bet(push). Not all players with 20BB are shortstackstrategy players. If you dont have stats on him you shouldnt always assume he raises very tight.

The most important thing I would say is that your sitting at a 9 handed table with 6/9 players being shortstacked. You should take table selection alot more seriously if these players are loose then you can play on such a table but, then you shouldnt doubt yourself when you 3bet(push) vs a shortstackers EP raise.

/2 cents
    • clarkie1989
      clarkie1989
      Bronze
    • clarkie1989
      clarkie1989
      Bronze
    • clarkie1989
      clarkie1989
      Bronze
      just not in the right mindset to play poker at the moment, i seem to be able to play well for a while then just turn into a tilt fiend and im just a moron so ive self excluded myself from my fulltilt account for 180 days and cashed out my bankroll at stars. Not going to moan because everything thats ever gone wrong with poker is 100% my fault so to my 0 readers i might be back in a few months after working on my mentality. hopefully for a fresh start but maybe not who knows. gl all
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      Gl to you dude ...
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      WHY are u editing everything to a stupid DOT? sorry but I am pissed off cause I wanted to read it and I cant now
    • clarkie1989
      clarkie1989
      Bronze
      sorry to have annoyed you but youre not missing much. ill summarise for you.

1) intro about me - 20, student, lazy, put things off, short attention span. decided to try and take something seriously i.e. poker. hadnt decided which route to follow and was currently playing nl 25 SSS and 3.40 turbo 10 player SnG's.

2) was playing well had a few winning sessions and a few losing was leaning more towards SSS posted 1 hand which on reflection really wasnt worth mentioning it was more to do with the importance of table selection. sat with too many shortstacks. there was a raise utg+1 by a shortstack and 2 BSS callers. im in the sb with AK o/s and i pushed. shortstack folds 1 BSS calls the other folds. AK VS 67 and i won the pot. you can still see bronscapades post about the hand. my post after that was about a positive session where i really focused on table selection.

3) new info the reason for this: today lost the plot. was having a bad day with alot going on which i wont go into, probably shouldnt have even been playing poker but it usually has a cathartic effect for me. got stacked by some tard with a chip on his shoulder about 4 times in 50 hands with ridiculous things. nothing spectacular, or anything that many players on here wont have experienced even you yourself maybe and as i explain ive got no 1 to blame but myself and i am well aware that variance is a part of poker, a part which today for some reason i couldnt accept. usually i shake this off and just leave but today i just switched into a nutter. this lead to me making the somewhat rash but i feel the right decision to take a nice break from playing.

once again sorry for editing my posts but youve pretty much got everything in this post so.
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      ty for ur post, I think it was better than all o fhtem (havent read them) because it was summary and summaries are good cause they are shorter :)
      GL with ur SScking
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Buy the elements of poker by Tommy Angelo, it will change your life.

Thank me later