[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS - 3 hands (edited)

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Was it correct play from me going allin on the flop? Im not entirely sure but it felt like the right thing to do

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11.52
      BB:
      $1.94
      Hero:
      $1.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) 3:spade: , K:heart: , T:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.50 (All-In), SB calls $1.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.20) 9:heart:
      River: ($4.20) 6:diamond:

Final Pot: $4.20

Was it correct of me to bet the potsize on the flop and still go allin on the turn even though I missed my card on the turn?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $5.71
      SB:
      $11.69
      Hero:
      $1.70
      BB:
      $2.34

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2:spade: , A:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J:diamond: , 3:spade: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.38, SB calls $0.38, BB calls $0.38, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1.54) A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.22 (All-In), SB calls $1.22, BB folds.

River: ($3.98) 5:spade:

Final Pot: $3.98

I THINK this was correct play since I had the 3rd nutflush?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.95
      MP2:
      $12.27

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.60, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.75) 9:diamond: , A:diamond: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.25 (All-In), MP2 calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.25) 8:heart:
      River: ($4.25) 4:diamond:

Final Pot: $4.25
  • 8 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1)You have to go all in , if you shutdown every time an overcard appears on the flop you will miss a lot of value. Maybe against 3 opponents its more likely that you are behind.
      2)Play draws passively as a shortstack.On the turn you can bet , you have top pair and outs to the nutflush.
      3)You have to go all in eitherway , your stack is small compared to the pot , board is as scary for the opponent as well and he will fold many times i think.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      1: So even if I were to be up against 3+ opponents on the flop I will go allin as I did now?

2: So when I get a draw on the flop I should always check? But what if someone before me bets? Should I just call or reraise allin?

3: What would be the right course of action if I HADNT flopped a flushdraw there and only had the TT on a board with two overcards?
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. It should depend on your stack/pot ratio , also the amount of action before you but in general with only 1 overcard you should go all in anyway. Maybe you can try to check it down if the overcard is an Ace since its a more likely holding for someone who cold calls your preflop raise.
      2. I just noticed that you limped in , i thought you had posted a blind from the CO. You should fold this preflop , or you can try to raise if the limper is loose/bad enough so you can isolate him or take it down preflop. Since you played it , perhaps you could bet in this position if there was noone behind you to act. But its tough to get 3 opponents to fold and then you might have difficult choices with your drawing hand. If someone bets you can call if you get decent enough odds (EG fold to a potsize bet). The more opponents that call his bet , the better your chances are to make a profitable call.
      Reraising all in with a drawing hand like OESD or FD is a very special option , i saw alaton do it once in his coaching but it is rather complex to do. I guess that it might be ok to go all in if someone else has already called the original bet , and if you are sure that both will call your all-in so you get good enough odds.
      3. You must go all-in no matter what because your stack is too small. You only have to win around 30% of the time to make this a good move.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      1: I will take that as I will always go allin since if 3+ opponents have called my raise preflop my stack will not be very big compared to the pot since i play the SSS.

2: Yes well, as I said, i play the SSS and at least for now I play it strictly according to the SHC for the advanced SSS and it says call from the CO, BU and the blinds so..

And I got kind of confused with your answer now. But, as I asked in the previous post, I should just check if there are people behind me and then call a bet if the odds are good enough then right? And if I am last to act should I just check behind and get the freecard and then perhaps bet the turn depending on what the turn brings? Im sorry if Im confusing this even more but Im a bit confused about your answer and what to make of it too, especially since according to the advanced SSS SHC it tells me to call :O .

Edit:
      Hmm, I see now that they probably scrapped the advanced SSS SHC so I suppose all this is kind of moot (the number 2 here that is). But the old advanced SSS SHC told me to call at least so.. yeah whatever :) .

3: Ok goodi.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Yeah , you should check with people behind you. If you are last to act you can either bet or check behind. I would probably bet vs 2 opponents and check vs 3.
      I suppose good odds are calling up to about half pot bet vs 1 opponent. Of course the more opponents in the hand , the bigger bet you can call , or even go all in.

Concerning limping with such hands , its not worth to put any money when theres only 1 limper before you. You need at least 3-4 limpers , to make sure that you will actually get paid if you hit.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Ok, thank you very much for the feedback :)
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Just to be clear, "Call" in the old chart didn't literally mean call (the big blind), it meant call if there are at least two limpers in the hand. The key is at least as important as the chart.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Ah yes ok, I mustve forgotten that :(