Switching from SNGs to NL.02/0.05-need opinions

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hey friends.
      I ve been played SNGs for 2 months(1.2$.3.6$ ST) with moderate results.
      I ve menaged to stay in a green mostly and earn some money, but in the limit I ve been playing it takes just too much time to collect money/strategy points and I feel its overall too much time consuming.
      Despite the feeling that I am pretty good at limit I am playing I would like to try other variants of poker, so I decided to maybe try NL(0.02/0.05$) cash games.
      Played for an hour last night without any major strategy( played good cards,aggresive,no bluffing) and earned 14$.
      I like it so far:) .

So my question before I dig in, read strategy articles and watch videos is, is that correct choice, and should I maybe go to Limitholdem?
      And what do you in general think about NL poker, how it defers from Tournament pokers, in strategy etc...?

Regards
  • 4 replies
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Noone??
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Sinnology,

I do insist that you read the SSS (Short Stacked Strategy) Articles and use that strategy when first changing over from SNG's to Cash. I have found this strategy when played under the right circumstances unbeatable. Ihave tripled my starting capital in less than a month. Read the articles, re-read them and even maybe a third time. When you play, whichever limit you chose stick to the strict buy-in, top up and leave limits. For example NL25 (.10/.25) buy in for $5, if you go less than $3.75 top it up to $5 and if you go over $6.75 leave and find a new table.

IT IS SIMPLY UNBEATABLE. Normally I will win 9 out of 10 times (obviously lose to some bad beats)

Also keep in mind the bankroll management, dont play at a level not suited to your current b/roll.

Hope this helps, and keep me informed as how you get on if you try it.

HollyMichelle
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      It's really a matter of personal preference.

I don't play tournaments because I can't handle the variance. There is too many coinflip situations and I don't like the fact that you have to get lucky in order to win.

NL cash games can be swingy as well, but not nearly as bad. You can do fine with around 25 buy-ins, whereas in tourneys you need over 100.

Another good thing about cash games is that you can sit down and play, and then leave whenever you want to. If something comes up and you need to stop playing, it's not a big deal.

You can also pick your spots a lot more. In a SnG, many times you are FORCED to make a certain play. But in a cash game, if I get JJ or AK, and some reg re-raises me, I don't have to get involved if I don't feel like it. I can fold pre-flop without worrying about it, or I can call and try to outplay him on the flop. Because most of the people at the tables are regulars, it is way easier to get reads on them than it is in SnG's where people are so unpredictable.

You just have to play whatever you think suits you best. There is no "best" form of poker. People have made tons of profits at both variants.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Guys thx for an answer, I will give it a go and inform you soon:)
      Regards