[NL20-NL50] NL50 AJ overplaying TPJK

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I was probably a little tilty, as I had just won a big pot with AK vs AT on A-high board.

Am I crazy to checkraise the flop here, or is it ok given that the raise came from the CO (I was contemplating 3-bet defense preflop, but decided to smoothcall) and his range should be a bit wider?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $107.65
      UTG2:
      $27.85
      MP1:
      $79.55
      MP2:
      $76.10
      MP3:
      $20.00
      CO:
      $52.55
      BU:
      $10.50
      SB(Hero):
      $88.10
      BB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      5 folds, CO raises to $1.75, BU folds, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($4) A, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.85, Hero raises to $9.00, CO calls $6.15.

Turn: ($22) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, CO calls $10.00.

River: ($42) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, CO calls $10.00.

Final Pot: $62.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you´re going to play for stacks then likely your play is fine on the flop.
      Other cases you can go c/c calldown mode or c/c flop, lead turn
      as played: turn bet is likely fine and I think you can b/f turn
      Not sure about river.
      Pot is huge and he has 32$ left. I think he´d play aggressively his AK/set on the flop. Likely he can have flush there or maybe worse Ax hand
      So betting 10$ seems ok, just not sure if you should also call rest of 20$ if he decides to shove. Since your river bet is strange then likely you can fold to shove, since he isn´t shoving there Ax and I doubt he has float after he called your turn bet
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Thanks Kaitz,

I guess I don't really want to play for stacks with a top pair in this spot, so the flop checkraise is a little odd.

I was scared of being bluffed off of this big pot, so I put the river bet out there as a blockbet. I was going to play b/f. Is this crazy?

ps. He thought about the call on the river until his clock ran right down, then called with AQ. Har har. Still a very profitable session, but this hand stood out as a mistake to me from an otherwise decent session.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GrantJennings
      Thanks Kaitz,

I guess I don't really want to play for stacks with a top pair in this spot, so the flop checkraise is a little odd.

I was scared of being bluffed off of this big pot, so I put the river bet out there as a blockbet. I was going to play b/f. Is this crazy?

ps. He thought about the call on the river until his clock ran right down, then called with AQ. Har har. Still a very profitable session, but this hand stood out as a mistake to me from an otherwise decent session.
      b/f river against passive player is fine, since I doubt they would shove there almost never bluff and his valueshove is likely only flush