Sick bad beats in PartyPoker

• EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      I can not believe this. Lost like 25$ today just because of the rivers.

1st example - 0.10/0.25$ blinds. I have AA on the BB. One guy from MP3 raises to 1$, I go allin with my 5$. He calls. He has QQ. He rivers a Q.

2nd example - 0.10/0.25$ blinds. I have KK. There was a raise before me so I go allin(5€ - I'm a SSS). A guy with QQ rivers a Q.

3rd example - 0.10/0.25$ blinds. KQ on the CO. I raise to 1$, 3 guys call. Flop: 6 K 9. I bet 1$, having TP and a nice kicker. A guy follows. Don't remember what was the turn either way he went allin and I called. He had 2 pars - K and 6. WHO THE HELL FOLLOWS MY BET PREFLOP WITH K6???

4th example - MTT SnG. Final table. I have like 4k chips, being 6th/7. I get my AJ and go allin. A guy follows with AQ. I get a Jack on the flop but he manages to get a Queen on the river.

5th example - MTT SnG. 30/50 players left. I'm pretty low on stack(~1,5k) and find KK on the EP1. I go allin(blinds 150/300). One call with K 10 and he rivers a straight. I mean, what is the percentage of winning a K 10 hand against pocket kings???
  • 11 replies
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      verry standard,so dont worry...just keep playing A+ game and look in long run ;) -->be BE machine ;)
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      thats your sick bad beats? :D ... variation sucks ass, but plz, dont call it "SICK bad beats"...
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EgertS
      I can not believe this. Lost like 25$ today just because of the rivers.

1st example - 0.10/0.25$ blinds. I have AA on the BB. One guy from MP3 raises to 1$, I go allin with my 5$. He calls. He has QQ. He rivers a Q.
      With AA You're ~ 81,5% favorite against QQ

2nd example - 0.10/0.25$ blinds. I have KK. There was a raise before me so I go allin(5€ - I'm a SSS). A guy with QQ rivers a Q.
      With KK You're ~ 82% favorite against QQ (Yes, slightly more than AA)

3rd example - 0.10/0.25$ blinds. KQ on the CO. I raise to 1$, 3 guys call. Flop: 6 K 9. I bet 1$, having TP and a nice kicker. A guy follows. Don't remember what was the turn either way he went allin and I called. He had 2 pars - K and 6. WHO THE HELL FOLLOWS MY BET PREFLOP WITH K6???
      You should be happy about his preflop play imo.

4th example - MTT SnG. Final table. I have like 4k chips, being 6th/7. I get my AJ and go allin. A guy follows with AQ. I get a Jack on the flop but he manages to get a Queen on the river.
      He was favorite preflop and somehow managed to have better hand on the showdown - that's sick... :f_eek:

5th example - MTT SnG. 30/50 players left. I'm pretty low on stack(~1,5k) and find KK on the EP1. I go allin(blinds 150/300). One call with K 10 and he rivers a straight. I mean, what is the percentage of winning a K 10 hand against pocket kings???
      ~10% (as Equilator says)

Seriously, this happens (often) and You should get used to. As other said, shortterm results are not so important, just play according to articles and You'll be fine in long run.
      GL at the tables :)
    • KPhatt
      KPhatt
      Bronze
      I'm playing MTTs and SnGs on Party and I lost 100$ in last two days due to very similar hands. Problem is my defeat in 'short run' left me with 2$ for 'long run'... :f_confused:
    • EgertS
      EgertS
      Bronze
      Seriously, this happens (often) and You should get used to. As other said, shortterm results are not so important, just play according to articles and You'll be fine in long run.
      GL at the tables :)
      Thanks for the reply and for the percentages.

Cheers! :)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Lol, search for andrei_lint on sharkscope on Party. +20BI downswing in my first 3 days ever on Party. Nice first deposit bonus!
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Party's roulette is def. rigged.
    • sensation46
      sensation46
      Bronze
      Sorry but i find it funny when SSS players complain about their big pocket pairs getting run over by smaller pairs. What do you expect to happen? Your not playing with enough money to actually play the game of poker. Your just moving allin and hoping your hand wins.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sensation46
      Sorry but i find it funny when SSS players complain about their big pocket pairs getting run over by smaller pairs. What do you expect to happen? Your not playing with enough money to actually play the game of poker. Your just moving allin and hoping your hand wins.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sensation46
      Dude, it's like that in Sng too! Can I pm you and you be my poker guru?!?
    • EasterH
      EasterH
      Bronze
      complaining about SSS palyers?

mostly what happens
      standartraise with monsterpocket preflop (4Blinds or more)
      villain calls - and gets lucky hit on flop

if you are BSS or SSS strategy at that point makes absolutely NO DIFFERENCE
      you will get broke with AA on a 36J rainbowboard
      to his 666 set as well...
      the only difference is the SSS has no other possibility to go broke
      but when villain makes a monster reraise on that flop BSS
      can still fold (if you manage to)

i dont get the complains about the SSS players
      i think complaining about bad luck on the river
      happens to all
      not only to SSS

best of lucks