[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Fr 99

• SPeedFANat1c
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:club: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.16, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.46) 6:diamond: , 8:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.46, Hero raises to $1.84, BB raises to $4.74 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.04

Was my play ok against tight passive player or had I get out after he bets 0.46?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

If he's very passive and can't play draws like that you're probably toast already unless he plays top pair like that. He should have all the higher overpairs and sets in his range.

When in doubt in position i'll usually just call once and reevaluate on the turn, the board can potentially become scary for him which means we might get to see a showdown if he shutdowns on say a diamond turn. If he doesn't shutdown that usually means he doesn't care with his strong hand, so i'll feel confident laying down 99.

Raise/folding there has for sole purpose of protecting against draws/overcards, but since this guy probably doesn't play those hands like that i don't think it's useful in any way, you can accomplish the same thing cheaper by just calling the flop and c/folding the turn.

Hope it helps.