$9.60
      MP2:
      $25.70
      MP3:
      $28.30
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , 8:spade:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.35) A:club: , A:diamond: , 6:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.25, 4 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.35

3 limps, so i call from BU for the flush, i think this is right? But i hit trips, with no kicker. Should i be afraid of last A with better kicker? If they whouldn't check, should i rebet? Go all in?
  • 2 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      with A8 on the button and considering all the villans stats, even with this small sample, its a decent enuf squeeze spot for all those fish limping with trash. u really want to get heads up with a fish here in position and as the preflop raiser.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey taifoon,

pushing preflop to collect the dead money would have the highest EV and also villain's stats are so loose that in case someone calls you, you will very likely have the best hand with A8s.

Also calling for implied odds according to the article on advanced preflop play is fine. As played, nice hand, you're the last to act and noone showed aggression, so slowplay doesn't make much sense. And if opponents show resistance, just try to put the money in the pot, sometimes pocket pairs 99+ will pay you off and there are still AXs that you have beat, so there's no way to fold trips here although you can be dominated, besides, villains might raise AJ+ preflop.

Regards,
      burek2000