When can you push when you smell somthing funky?

• bkkconnexxion
      bkkconnexxion
      Bronze
      At what point in a game is it okay to push back at someone when they have bet more then half your stack into you and you think they have nothing but you yourself have nothing as well? Never ?
  • 4 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Thats the power of the bigstack...

It doesnt matter so much what they have because they know you carnt call or raise unless you have something.
    • ImAnAcehole9
      ImAnAcehole9
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bkkconnexxion
      At what point in a game is it okay to push back at someone when they have bet more then half your stack into you and you think they have nothing but you yourself have nothing as well? Never ?
      Any time you like.....it's your money to lose.......or win.

I'm no pro but in these types of situations I like to try and get into the other players head and look at it from thier point of view. Of course it all depends on position too. Were they the aggressor, have they pushed a big reraise because you're playing like you have A K with rags on the board, did they raise/limp with mid pockets/high pockets and the flop "allowed" them to slow play....the turn card may have provided a drawing card.

For example: Villian may have KK and put you on AK/KQ/QJ/J10 etc board flops 2 4 8 continuation bets follows lets say from you and Villian flat calls. In this situation if the turn card is a 9/10/J/or even a K it provides option for you to outdraw him............this doesn't take into account flush draws or in this example potentially a running flush draw etc so a big bet from Villiam may be a block bet.

Having said all that, what is Villians betting pattern usually like, is he a loose or tight player. All these questions (and more) needs to be taken into account before you potentially give a large sum of your stack away......I'm usually guilty of paying off people in these situations to see if my instint was/is right with my observation (in low limits anyway), I win some because I'm sure they have AK and missed while I sit there and call them down or check raise all in with 22 lol on the same token I lose some because the spike an A or K on the turn/river or I have simply misread the whole situation.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      i reraise with air quite often simply because NL2 SH tables are VERY agressive. i can't say much about FR . but idk

i guess you should work on trying to read people and use HUD. I don't know how you could really get better at it exept watching how people play, and then bluffing them when you think they have nothing.

But like hte picture say's.. be sure you have atleast highest card.. its quite dangerous to reraise with for example a 8-9 because even if they have air and if they call your still beat..

if you dont have HUD its alot harder to see how people play. but don't reraise people who play very few hands. but reraise people who raise almost always, and are very loose.