My SH video thread - New video added

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Hi, i recently started playing SH, and i recorded a 30 minute session to see where im at. I think most of my mistakes are preflop since im still used to FR, but getting feedback on my postflop decisions is also essential to improve my game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8E91R0SX

Here's the video, came out a bit bigger than i wanted but this time the video quality is pretty solid, audio's a bit weak, but tuning up your speakers should fix that :)

Thanks for your time and any feedback would be well appreciated.
  • 16 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi enemaze,

I hope to find time to watch it soon. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Have trouble downloading it. :/ I try it later again. ^^
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      I think ill make a more recent video playing 0.5/1, so you're off the hook for now :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Too late. :D

Watching now.

EDIT: Notes within () are comments after I saw results or something like that.

2:24, BL: You need to 3-bet this river. BOTH called and only one of them can have a K so with a 3-bet you gain money no matter what. 33 is like winning a lottery.
      (Ohh you noticed it yourself ;) )

2:54, UL: This is one of the situations where I don't make a continuation bet. K-high is no hand I want to see a showdown with and you have almost no fold equity so I check/call once and fold the turn unimproved. (I wrote that before seeing the raise. ^^)

4:06, BL: I think even for 11:1 you can fold here. Against 2 opponents you have to discount your outs a lot. 4 at best and you may be drawing dead already so you have some reverse implied odds as well.
      No really big difference to a call. (My reads are good today. ^^)

5:20, UL: The flop has a few draws out so you don't have too much fold equity. But I still don't mind raising here as any :diamond: , 7 or 5 can give you a lot fold equity.
      His 3-bet in position isn't that strong as well so you may even rebluff on the turn. :P

6:20, UR: Q7s can be called here. A fold is not that bad either. Did you forget to add with which hand he did his bet?

8:06, BL: Another flop where you could check/call but A-high justifies a thin bet too.

9:40, UL: Against 3 opponents I don't like the continuationbet anymore. Just give up.

12:24, UL: I think you can fold after the turn check/raise. He shows so much strength and you have almost no outs left anymore if he has a straight. (Hmm even worse. 0 outs. :D )

19:50, BL: Nice fold. I think I would have called but a fold is probably better as an A or a straight is too likely.
      Against a check you should bet anyways as he has a high wts and might call with a small pair.

23:32, BL: The limper will call as well so J7s is enough for me to call here as well.

25:20, UR: I don't like that flop fold. A lot A-high hands didn't improve and you can easily fold the turn or river. A flop call doesn't mean you have to calldown here.

Board: 2d 7d 9c
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 51.520% 51.52% 00.00% 109151 0.00 { 4d4h }
      Hand 1: 48.480% 48.48% 00.00% 102709 0.00 { 55+, A5s+, K9s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }

You are even a favorite which you don't need to be to make a profitable calldown as there are already some bets in the pot.

Bad turncard?

Board: 2d 7d 9c Td
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 45.715% 45.71% 00.00% 4043 0.00 { 4d4h }
      Hand 1: 54.285% 54.29% 00.00% 4801 0.00 { 55+, A5s+, K9s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }

:P

26:44, UL: 55 is an openraise 5-handed (even 6-handed for me :) ).

31:00, UL: Good fold but not easy. ;)

31:40, UL: SB vs BB so I raise this river and won't even fold to a 3-bet (crying call). He can have a lot worse hands and may call very light as you can easily bluff too.

32:40, UL: Even if his 3-bet range is pretty loose I don't see you ahead here very often. Usually the 3-bet from the BB is tighter as well.
      22+,A2s+,K7s+,Q8s+,J9s+,T8s+,98s,87s,76s,A5o+,K9o+,Q9o+,J9o+,T9o (almost 32%).
      Out of this range you are ahead of J9s+,T9s, J9o+ and T9o so that's not a lot. ;)

Nice session, no huge mistakes. :)
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Thanks for reviewing :)

I think the biggest leak you exposed here is c-betting too often with overcards on an ugly board multiway. Ill try to pay attention and do it less often.
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I saw the video too and I don' thave anything to add.

But I do the same CBet mistakes.

Cirith, could you post your CBet percentage on the flop 3way and 2way?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      If you tell me how to do that with PT2. :)
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      no problem.

uninstall PT2.
      get HEM.
      filter for 3 handed flops.
      check the CBet flop stat.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarthBobo
      no problem.

uninstall PT2.
      get HEM.
      filter for 3 handed flops.
      check the CBet flop stat.
      Nah I prefer PT3 but as I like PT2 as well I stay with that for now.

I think it is around 70% on the turn (PA shows that over a small samplesize of about 12k hands).
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Ok, i made a new video of 0.5/1 SH.
      http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91K9N5FF
      enjoy :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      It says it's currently not available. :/
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      hopefully it will work out soon. Do you know any other site where i can upload it for free?
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      up to 400mb for one file, ftp for free users http://hotfile.com/register.html?reff=103947
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Alright here we go:

2:30, BR: K8o can be called here in the SB with 2 limpers.

3:20, UR: I don't like a check/raise on the turn with K-high. With a worse hand this may be an option but here you can even calldown if he is aggressive enough.

5:40, UL: Q7o is not good enough to defend the BB with. Trying to bluff such a loose player won't work often enough to make it profitable as well.

7:55, BR: QJo is pretty close to coldcall with. But the raiser seems to be pretty bad so it should be fine.
      I may even cap the flop as I think it's often weakness. Take a note that his in position 3-bet is very strong.

9:14, UL: 88 is in the capping chat against a TAG and he seems to be even more aggressive so I like to cap here.

11:40, UL: I often call the flop too to not get exploited but here I don't think it's worth it.

17:50, UL: I don't see him folding a better hand and a lot hands improved. I even consider giving up on the river if a bad cards comes. So I prefer a check behind and a call if the rivercard is good more than a bet for free showdown.

20:50, BL: I thnk I only call 66 here against 2 limpers. Hard to play this unimproved postflop. Shouldn't matter a lot whichever way you play it I guess.

21:00, UL: I don't understand your raise/fold line here. Do you see him donkbetting enough worse hands here? I like calling way more here.

22:20, UR: Hmm I don't mind donkbetting the turn against a draw but after his raise I think you can even fold to his raise. Sure the pot is huge but you might be against a straight, set or some sort of draw with pair where you have not a lot outs anymore.

26:06, BL: This is way too often a freecard raise with so many draws out there. 3-bet him. ;)

26:50, UL: I like 66+ more here. The turncall is close. Sure you have a flushdraw so it's not too bad but I don't min folding either.

27:30, UL: You are in the CO as there is one sitting out behind you.

That's it. ;)

Nothing really bad I think just a bad run. :)
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze

2:30, BR: K8o can be called here in the SB with 2 limpers.
      I hate playing reverse dominated hands multiway. I try and avoid these sorts of situations if i can.

22:20, UR: Hmm I don't mind donkbetting the turn against a draw but after his raise I think you can even fold to his raise. Sure the pot is huge but you might be against a straight, set or some sort of draw with pair where you have not a lot outs anymore.
      What about an extremely aggro villain?

26:50, UL: I like 66+ more here. The turncall is close. Sure you have a flushdraw so it's not too bad but I don't min folding either.
      I like playing back against the reg tags since i can pretty easily outplay them, my hand has good playability and i want to get it HU and generate FE. Against a fish i would probably fold. Also it might've been a bit of frustration/tilt :)

And ofcourse, thank you very much for evaluating! :D
      Next video will hopefully be at 1/2 :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      1) Without a raise you aren't too often dominated. But it's no big problem if you avoid these spots.

2) Hmm I think check/call turn as he almost always tries to use the ace to get you off a better hand.

3) Good point. If you feel comfortable with playing these handsyou can be a big looser. Just don't do it too much. :)

See you at 1/2$: :D