This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My SH video thread - New video added

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Hi, i recently started playing SH, and i recorded a 30 minute session to see where im at. I think most of my mistakes are preflop since im still used to FR, but getting feedback on my postflop decisions is also essential to improve my game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8E91R0SX

Here's the video, came out a bit bigger than i wanted but this time the video quality is pretty solid, audio's a bit weak, but tuning up your speakers should fix that :)

Thanks for your time and any feedback would be well appreciated.
  • 16 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi enemaze,

I hope to find time to watch it soon. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Have trouble downloading it. :/ I try it later again. ^^
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      I think ill make a more recent video playing 0.5/1, so you're off the hook for now :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Too late. :D

Watching now.

EDIT: Notes within () are comments after I saw results or something like that.

2:24, BL: You need to 3-bet this river. BOTH called and only one of them can have a K so with a 3-bet you gain money no matter what. 33 is like winning a lottery.
      (Ohh you noticed it yourself ;) )

2:54, UL: This is one of the situations where I don't make a continuation bet. K-high is no hand I want to see a showdown with and you have almost no fold equity so I check/call once and fold the turn unimproved. (I wrote that before seeing the raise. ^^)

4:06, BL: I think even for 11:1 you can fold here. Against 2 opponents you have to discount your outs a lot. 4 at best and you may be drawing dead already so you have some reverse implied odds as well.
      No really big difference to a call. (My reads are good today. ^^)

5:20, UL: The flop has a few draws out so you don't have too much fold equity. But I still don't mind raising here as any :diamond: , 7 or 5 can give you a lot fold equity.
      His 3-bet in position isn't that strong as well so you may even rebluff on the turn. :P

6:20, UR: Q7s can be called here. A fold is not that bad either. Did you forget to add with which hand he did his bet?

8:06, BL: Another flop where you could check/call but A-high justifies a thin bet too.

9:40, UL: Against 3 opponents I don't like the continuationbet anymore. Just give up.

12:24, UL: I think you can fold after the turn check/raise. He shows so much strength and you have almost no outs left anymore if he has a straight. (Hmm even worse. 0 outs. :D )

19:50, BL: Nice fold. I think I would have called but a fold is probably better as an A or a straight is too likely.
      Against a check you should bet anyways as he has a high wts and might call with a small pair.

23:32, BL: The limper will call as well so J7s is enough for me to call here as well.

25:20, UR: I don't like that flop fold. A lot A-high hands didn't improve and you can easily fold the turn or river. A flop call doesn't mean you have to calldown here.

Board: 2d 7d 9c
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 51.520% 51.52% 00.00% 109151 0.00 { 4d4h }
      Hand 1: 48.480% 48.48% 00.00% 102709 0.00 { 55+, A5s+, K9s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }

You are even a favorite which you don't need to be to make a profitable calldown as there are already some bets in the pot.

Bad turncard?

Board: 2d 7d 9c Td
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 45.715% 45.71% 00.00% 4043 0.00 { 4d4h }
      Hand 1: 54.285% 54.29% 00.00% 4801 0.00 { 55+, A5s+, K9s+, Q9s+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }

:P

26:44, UL: 55 is an openraise 5-handed (even 6-handed for me :) ).

31:00, UL: Good fold but not easy. ;)

31:40, UL: SB vs BB so I raise this river and won't even fold to a 3-bet (crying call). He can have a lot worse hands and may call very light as you can easily bluff too.

32:40, UL: Even if his 3-bet range is pretty loose I don't see you ahead here very often. Usually the 3-bet from the BB is tighter as well.
      22+,A2s+,K7s+,Q8s+,J9s+,T8s+,98s,87s,76s,A5o+,K9o+,Q9o+,J9o+,T9o (almost 32%).
      Out of this range you are ahead of J9s+,T9s, J9o+ and T9o so that's not a lot. ;)

Nice session, no huge mistakes. :)
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Thanks for reviewing :)

I think the biggest leak you exposed here is c-betting too often with overcards on an ugly board multiway. Ill try to pay attention and do it less often.
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I saw the video too and I don' thave anything to add.

But I do the same CBet mistakes.

Cirith, could you post your CBet percentage on the flop 3way and 2way?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      If you tell me how to do that with PT2. :)
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      no problem.

uninstall PT2.
      get HEM.
      filter for 3 handed flops.
      check the CBet flop stat.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarthBobo
      no problem.

uninstall PT2.
      get HEM.
      filter for 3 handed flops.
      check the CBet flop stat.
      Nah I prefer PT3 but as I like PT2 as well I stay with that for now.

I think it is around 70% on the turn (PA shows that over a small samplesize of about 12k hands).
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Ok, i made a new video of 0.5/1 SH.
      http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91K9N5FF
      enjoy :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      It says it's currently not available. :/
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      hopefully it will work out soon. Do you know any other site where i can upload it for free?
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      up to 400mb for one file, ftp for free users http://hotfile.com/register.html?reff=103947
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Alright here we go:

2:30, BR: K8o can be called here in the SB with 2 limpers.

3:20, UR: I don't like a check/raise on the turn with K-high. With a worse hand this may be an option but here you can even calldown if he is aggressive enough.

5:40, UL: Q7o is not good enough to defend the BB with. Trying to bluff such a loose player won't work often enough to make it profitable as well.

7:55, BR: QJo is pretty close to coldcall with. But the raiser seems to be pretty bad so it should be fine.
      I may even cap the flop as I think it's often weakness. Take a note that his in position 3-bet is very strong.

9:14, UL: 88 is in the capping chat against a TAG and he seems to be even more aggressive so I like to cap here.

11:40, UL: I often call the flop too to not get exploited but here I don't think it's worth it.

17:50, UL: I don't see him folding a better hand and a lot hands improved. I even consider giving up on the river if a bad cards comes. So I prefer a check behind and a call if the rivercard is good more than a bet for free showdown.

20:50, BL: I thnk I only call 66 here against 2 limpers. Hard to play this unimproved postflop. Shouldn't matter a lot whichever way you play it I guess.

21:00, UL: I don't understand your raise/fold line here. Do you see him donkbetting enough worse hands here? I like calling way more here.

22:20, UR: Hmm I don't mind donkbetting the turn against a draw but after his raise I think you can even fold to his raise. Sure the pot is huge but you might be against a straight, set or some sort of draw with pair where you have not a lot outs anymore.

26:06, BL: This is way too often a freecard raise with so many draws out there. 3-bet him. ;)

26:50, UL: I like 66+ more here. The turncall is close. Sure you have a flushdraw so it's not too bad but I don't min folding either.

27:30, UL: You are in the CO as there is one sitting out behind you.

That's it. ;)

Nothing really bad I think just a bad run. :)
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze

2:30, BR: K8o can be called here in the SB with 2 limpers.
      I hate playing reverse dominated hands multiway. I try and avoid these sorts of situations if i can.

22:20, UR: Hmm I don't mind donkbetting the turn against a draw but after his raise I think you can even fold to his raise. Sure the pot is huge but you might be against a straight, set or some sort of draw with pair where you have not a lot outs anymore.
      What about an extremely aggro villain?

26:50, UL: I like 66+ more here. The turncall is close. Sure you have a flushdraw so it's not too bad but I don't min folding either.
      I like playing back against the reg tags since i can pretty easily outplay them, my hand has good playability and i want to get it HU and generate FE. Against a fish i would probably fold. Also it might've been a bit of frustration/tilt :)

And ofcourse, thank you very much for evaluating! :D
      Next video will hopefully be at 1/2 :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      1) Without a raise you aren't too often dominated. But it's no big problem if you avoid these spots.

2) Hmm I think check/call turn as he almost always tries to use the ace to get you off a better hand.

3) Good point. If you feel comfortable with playing these handsyou can be a big looser. Just don't do it too much. :)

See you at 1/2$: :D