turbo sit n gos

• fenderboy993
      fenderboy993
      Bronze
      hi all,

i recently moved from playing mainly cash to trying my hand at turbo sit n gos, despite reading several books which suggest they are just luck and there is little skill involved. just wondering if more experienced players agree with this? Any players make a consistent profit on them?I have played 200 games with ROI 10.6% and admit this is likely variance as i dont really class myself as a good player.... :f_biggrin:
  • 5 replies
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Thats rubbish!

What books did you read?
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      most regulars play turbo sngs!
    • fenderboy993
      fenderboy993
      Bronze
      good thats what i thought they were two really crap books for beginners tbh!! one was Texas Hold em Poker online by Paul Mendelson and i cant remember the other one.

i thought it was kind of stupid because i had to answer the door in one of the first ones i tried, came back to the game 25 minutes later, 4 players left im on 1050 chips, doubled up and came 2nd. I mean i am playing 2.25 so its pretty fishy lol
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      i think your mixing things up. Turbo's have more luck involved than regular SnG , and that shows though higher variance. Like in all poker games, luck matters in the short run, skill in the long run. It just so is that luck matters more in the short run in turbos, but absolutely not in the long run. You should know by now, that skill is your friend in the big session.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      most online pro's started out playing SnGs, and most reg's play turbos because of the higher $/hr.

5% ROI is the 'standard' win rate in the long run. but i think somewhere around 8% is sustainable if you are good enough