security check

• inkydinky
      inkydinky
      Bronze
      Hi guys
      I am totally impressed with this site it looks like just what im looking for.
      But.
      I am having some concerns about the security checks.

I passed the test 5 days ago.

First i was asked for my driving licence front and back with all non requested info blanked out.

I sent it and now have been asked for photos of me holding the card next to my face.

Why wasnt i asked for this in the first place, why do I need to do this when others need to do nothing.
      Its like obstacles are being put in front of me to make me give up.

I was so impressed at first and now im just suspicious.

Anyone else been asked to hold photo id beside their face? and did you get the 50 buckeroonees.
  • 7 replies
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      i was asked - and i asked if i can take a pic next to my driving license and not my id
      and then i was answered that it was a mistake and the 50 are on the way and
      i got them right after
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi inkydinky & welcome to PokerStrategy,

Yes this is becoming standard practice nowadays is to ensure that people don't register for more than one account on PokerStrategy.

You will appreciate that anyone giving away free money will occasionally receive fraudulent attempts.

Don't worry however, these are perfectly normal checks and nothing personal against you, your data is held in strict confidence and never provided to anyone outside of PokerStrategy support (moderators for example do not have access to your details).

Once you have passed the ID check, your starting capital will soon follow and you will not be asked for ID again.

Hope this reassures you, however if you do still have any concerns don't hesitate to let us or the support team know.

Some useful links for you:

Best regards,

Bart
    • inkydinky
      inkydinky
      Bronze
      Thanks Bart

Why does pokerstrategy not ask for the photo of me holding the card beside my face at the start instead of asking me to send a photo of the card only first. thats two or 3 days wasted already?

again thanks for the reply.

ink
    • inkydinky
      inkydinky
      Bronze
      Blur or blank out sensitive data

We only need to see the: name, address, issuing authority, ID number and date of birth.

If your address has changed since you registered at PokerStrategy.com, please attach confirmation of your new address. This can be in the form of an electricity bill, for example.

You can be sure that the document(s) you send to us will be handled with the utmost confidentiality and only used to perform the ID Check.

Sorry Bart lol still moaning.
      Above is a cut and paste of what I was requested to do. So I did
      and now i have to take photos of me holding the card beside my face and email them.
      Sounds like someone is having a laugh lol

INK
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol dont worry inky, I understand your frustration.

From what I understand from previous cases is that ID docs are usually sufficient, they only ask for additional measures/photos next to your face etc, when something is unclear (maybe blurred etc).

Just ensure that you make a nice clear image (maximum camera setting) and you should be fine.

Not long now before your up & running, hang in there.

Best regards,

Bart
    • inkydinky
      inkydinky
      Bronze
      For anyone suffering the same frustration as I did, I got my 50 bux today.

Still think the system is awkward and unhelpful, it gives very misleading instructions.

Anyway I'm over it now, good luck everyone.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi inky,

Good to hear that you received the starting capital ok now.

Sorry to hear that it was all a bit awkward for you, i think you were just unlucky as it is usually a swift and painless procedure. You will appreciate of course that where free money is involved, certain procedures do need to take place.

We do however appreciate your feedback and would always look to streamline and improve on the process wherever possible.

Good luck at the tables. Don't forget to re-read the strategy guides carefully, in particular regarding BRM (Bankroll Management) and follow them carefully to ensure that you get the most out of the starting capital and grow it over time into a sizeable bankroll.

Best regards & thanks again,

Bart