[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 99

• shivas80
      Villain... nit 15/15

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.7) 8, J, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.30, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.2.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

15/15 looks like a small hand sample so be careful with labeling people nits right away.

As played it's a steal situation and there is always a chance he's 3betting non premium hands, even so calling in position with 99 is okay.

Postflop unless he's unbelievably nitty and can fold something like AQ there i don't think there are many perks to shoving on him with 6 outs. If he even has AQ. If he's really really tight he'll have only like JJ+/AK and might not even c-bet AK on this flop, so you could even find a fold right away.

The way i see it he'll tell you exactly whether you're beat or not on the turn if you call, i don't expect him to simply jam the turn with something like AK, so if he bets again he has you smoked unless you improved, and if he doesn't i think you're most likely ahead and can choose whether you want to check it down or push him out of the pot in position.

Hope it helps.