sss players are not untalented nolife idiots

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i am so sick of people allways badmouthing sss players and the sss strategy.
      of course people has the right to an opinion but could you please censor youself a little bit on this forum for the sake of everyones happiness and wellbeing?

hardly a day goes by where i dont see some post badmouthing sss players or sss strategy on this forum.

why not do that on 2+2 instead where you dont step on so many peoples feelings and where i am sure they will all back you up.
  • 46 replies
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      because they know that SSS players will read it here
      not much fun to rant otherwise

curious, what did the critic say?
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      If you play SSS and people hate you for that. feel happy, you have done a great job.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      SSS is a load of shait.

There, I said it! :s_evil:

Nah just kidding :s_love: Much respect to any form of poker[player] that makes good long-term money. I don't see why people would bad-mouth SSS. It's like bad-mouthing Gus Hansen for his superLAG play at tournaments. Doesn't make sense, since he has proven some pretty sweet results.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      SSS players are really talented
      at reading starting hand charts........ :f_biggrin:
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      I just transferred over from SSS to BSS recently..and boy am I happy I changed..it actually feels like ur playing poker..not being a robot.

Yes SSS is a way to play, but BSS is more fun and probly easier to win $$ once uve got the hang of it. Dont get me wrong, SSS if fine..kinda..probably coz i now like to play against them :) .

If ur SSS thru n thru tho and it works for you, congrats..as for me I love BSS, and ive only converted 1 for ~2 weeks!! (yes u may say wait a while for a rough patch..but ive bn thru 1 already n come out ok)

Peace
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      SSS is nice to play when you feel you play like shit and are tilted like hell. Slows down my curves at least. But yeah. It's pretty much none talent, non thinking and robot. I would only play SSS for rake.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ksh198
      SSS is nice to play when you feel you play like shit and are tilted like hell. Slows down my curves at least. But yeah. It's pretty much none talent, non thinking and robot. I would only play SSS for rake.
      imo there is basic sss and then there is advanced sss.,and there is a huge difference between the two of them.

basic sss is a little simple but if you are new to poker thats about all you can handle. it is a great way to get started but will only get you so far.

advanced sss it much harder and doesnt have that much to do with the shc but more with playing the players and the table.

to be a profitable sss player at high limits talent is definately required.

the fact that you only would only play sss for rake makes me think you were quite a basic player.

but no matter wether people play basic or advanced sss i still dont think people should badmouth them. and especially not on this forum.
    • theboydave
      theboydave
      Bronze
      correct me if im wrong ?( andyb but dont bss use/have starting hand charts also?Both styles are fine in my opinion its just down to players personal preference and adapting to opponents who are sss or bss
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      I play BSS and SSS, SSS has done alot for my BSS preflop game and im alot more disciplined poker player because of it.

Also sss cant be that easy... of the SSS players i see only a select few are actually reasonable shortstacks. :f_biggrin:
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theboydave
      correct me if im wrong ?( andyb but dont bss use/have starting hand charts also?Both styles are fine in my opinion its just down to players personal preference and adapting to opponents who are sss or bss

Did u miss the :f_biggrin: ?
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      As someone already mentioned, - if someone is mad at SSS, thats probably cause SSS suck their money slowly. For example 2 BSS are fighting each other and SSS connects to pot with something tight-range. That messes up their thinking a bit.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      Originally posted by ksh198
      imo there is basic sss and then there is advanced sss.,and there is a huge difference between the two of them.

basic sss is a little simple but if you are new to poker thats about all you can handle. it is a great way to get started but will only get you so far.

advanced sss it much harder and doesnt have that much to do with the shc but more with playing the players and the table. to be a profitable sss player at high limits talent is definately required.

the fact that you only would only play sss for rake makes me think you were quite a basic player.

but no matter wether people play basic or advanced sss i still dont think people should badmouth them. and especially not on this forum.

if adavnced sss is so brilliant and you are so adept at it why not increase your stack so you can max your winnings.

o yer... SSS really is for noobs.
      joy killers.

SSS is fine for building a bankroll, but after that its just gay.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      People are mostly mad because we shortstackers are destroying the game. I'm a shortstacker myself, but I think poker would be better without this strategy as preflop equity is not the beginning or the end of poker, but with a shortstacker that's what all becomes about.
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      yeah sure SSS is a good way to learn poker, I never said it wasn't. But you just play preflop and flop. It's like finding a girl, lick her and then don't fuck her nor cum. With other words, not very funny or talanted.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      @ shortfuse, i just climb a limit instead.

just because i am a good sss player doesnt mean i can just increase my stack and be a good bss player instead. bss is entirely different and it would take a lot of time to adapt to it and make the profits i make now.

how about this scenario: we have a bss who make 3bb/100 on nl50 and a sss who make 5bb on nl400. who is the noob in this case?

and people call sss players the pest of poker but imo its the people with no manners who act like small children and who rant at everything and everybody knowing they are safe at home behind their screens who are the real pest. not just the pest of poker but the pest of the internet.

@rahxephon: yeah good point.

@ksh198: bad comparison.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      anyway... all i am asking is that we just moderate our talk a little for the sake of everyones happiness.

you have a right to your opinion, but sometimes you should keep it to yourselves out of respect to others.

quit ranting so much and calling people noobs and gays.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      if adavnced sss is so brilliant and you are so adept at it why not increase your stack so you can max your winnings.
      How does it increase my winnings if I step to 5 times lower blind level?
      (If you know something about bankroll management, you can understand that if you increase the number of blinds on your table 5 times, you have to move down some limits.)
      Also if you have more blinds, it lowers your advantage over other players because of implied odds. Playing as a short stack gives you a definite (game theory provable) advantage and it's therefore more profitable way of playing. There is no sense in saying that you can win more as a big stack. Most people use BRM in buy-ins and if you use 50 BI BRM, you can double up against a fish and win 1 BI, which is 2 % of your bankroll. It doesn't change if you play SSS or BSS.
      As an example: if you have 1k BR and you want to play with 50 BI BRM, your BI can be $20. Therefore you can play BSS NL20 and win $20, or you can play SSS NL100 and win 20.

[joke]
      You BSS players are just noobs because you can only beat the NL20 fishes. If you played SSS NL100 instead (to have the same $20 BI and possibly win the same amount), you would get destroyed by the better players on higher limits.
      [/joke]

Originally posted by shortfuse
      o yer... SSS really is for noobs.
      joy killers.

SSS is fine for building a bankroll, but after that its just gay.
      Well, you might be right on this. I wouldn't play SSS if my intention was to play only for fun. If I deposited some money every week to have some fun with poker, I would surely rather play BSS or even more likely some MTTs.

But since I play for money as well, the 'bankroll building' factor is kinda important for me.
      I understand that other players are not happy about playing against shortstackers (it's no fun and mostly you are in a disadvantage), but the sollution is not to insult players who try to play the most profitable strategy, but to ask the poker rooms to change the rules for minimum BI (and there are tables with 50 bb minimum BI already, so I see no reason for a BSS player not to play on them).
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      I have a love/hate thing with SSS, love'em cause they are always there to pay off your AA, KK, AKs where most just fold. They also get lucky at times and we lose minimal on a strong hand.
      I don't see many making money for some reason, the all-in or fold play that a lot of these players have today is just asking to lose money in the long run.
      Those idiots raise to 20bbs, and only will get called by QQ+,AKs, sure some rookies will call 55+AT+, but how an you make money that way? Also, many SSS go all in regardless what the flop brings. KK on a Ah-Th-3h flop. WTF???
      I remember one session I had, lost 4 times out 4 with KK, three times they held AA. My total loss was 80bbs, if they had been BSS, i would have lost 400bbs.

I love SSS!!!!

I hate SSS, they take up seats that a beginner BSS could be sitting at. Making my winnings small in comparison.
      I hate SSS, at ipoker, the ratio SSS:BSS is 7:3, they're taking over the online poker world.

Stop calling me names!!!! Go play bingo with G/ma if you can not handle the heat,
      welcome to online poker, badmouthing in poker, who ever thought. You let them get into your heads, they win!!
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by racenutalways
      You let them get into your heads, they win!!
      I agree with this, badmouthing can be a part of strat to make You tilt :f_smile: