PokerStartegy good?

• dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      I've noticed this PokerStrategy is very conservative one (pre-flop play).
      Is this really good or was it meant for beginners.

Especially this strategy reccomends calling low pocket pairs, but why calling, and not raising?, if i follow this strategy, i become too obvious at the tables?

Then opps start 3betting me and then i should fold every hand but AA;KK???

Do you feel like its way too conservative and super tight?
  • 8 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      if you're playing on the lowest limits, your opponents play very basic or very bad poker.

don't try to outplay bad players, just stick to the basics and you can crush them.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I believe this is what you found in Bronze articles... And yea its indeed for beginners + such a conservative strategy is very profitable strategy in micro limits like NL2-NL10.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      the bronze articles are quite decent , when you only need to make 1 SP for life to get them
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      set mine?
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      I play NL50 and NL100, obviously i don't stick to this strategy pre-flop. as I never put in PokerStars marketing code i do not receive any poker strategy points so i can't read any silver+ articles even though i am gold vip on pokerstars and have many VPP/FPP daily.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dubrovnik
      I play NL50 and NL100, obviously i don't stick to this strategy pre-flop. as I never put in PokerStars marketing code i do not receive any poker strategy points so i can't read any silver+ articles even though i am gold vip on pokerstars and have many VPP/FPP daily.
      Hey dubrovnik,

Well yes the strategies are meant for beginners who play on micros and the best poker for these limits is a tight conservative game!

Maybe we could helo you more if you said what sort of poker you are playing and the strategies you are using :) (Buy in size, Table size etc. )

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Maybe we could helo you more if you said what sort of poker you are playing and the strategies you are using :) (Buy in size, Table size etc. )
      Another important point would be your level of skill.
      If you are a good handreader and have other well developed skills you could be losing value by playing too few hands, but in general most people (me as the head of them) overestimate their pokerskills a lot.
      And it is very rare that you make big mistakes by playing too tight preflop.
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      I play full ring no limit, i play tight also but Pokerstrategy pre-flop is way too super-tight, and i never woud call 99 from mid position, only raise if i am first to act. btw i play bss, buyin 100bb (min50bb tables)

are there any articles in silver+ about maybe i can improve my skills...i understand i am not excellent player, thats why i signed up for this site to help me more, but i am stuck for eternity in bronze status..maybe on other site i'd get a second chance?? but pokerstars is excellent site for me, is there any way to help me??

i signed up for pokerstars but i failed to put pokerstartegy marketing code?!