If you don't have rakeback...

• Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't play at FT, but think I'd like to sometime soon. But I have a play-money account there already, and it isn't tracked :f_cry:

Anyway, are there any other benefits that make FT worthwhile even if you don't have RB? Or should I stick to other sites? I even play FLSH (rake machine on steroids), of all things :(
  • 10 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Ejeckt,

Firstly re the Rakeback, whilst it is totally a decision for Full Tilt and they could say no, I would suggest a quick email to their support team support@fulltiltpoker.com advising that you would like a real money account tracked through PokerStrategy.

If they say yes, then yay you will automatically get rakeback. :] If no, then nothing ventured, nothing gained :(

Regarding other aspects, I personally would say that it is still worthwhile. The Ironman promotion is really good with bonuses clearable every 1 to 2 months if you keep hitting the points requirements for 6+ consecutive months (currently in my 11th :P ).

They also do regular adhoc events such at the SNG Madness, Take2 etc.

Overall I think the return is very good with or without rakeback, but ofc if we can get you tracked, it will really make it worthwhile.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Akwed
      Akwed
      Bronze
      1 .With RB you got 27% RB. If you buy something for FTP you lost some money from RB. Is it rigth?
      2. Can you have hypotetical better income(27%+) without RB throught FTP, events, academy point etc. It is possible?
      3. It it worth to play without RB?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Akwed
      1 .With RB you got 27% RB. If you buy something for FTP you lost some money from RB. Is it rigth?
      2. Can you have hypotetical better income(27%+) without RB throught FTP, events, academy point etc. It is possible?
      3. It it worth to play without RB?
      Hi Akwed,

The deductions from rakeback are very small and I would always suggest that it is better to have rakeback wherever possible.

Full details of the deductions etc are in the following Important sticky thread:

Best regards,

Bart
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      if u get rakeback then the FTPs are useless, as u will lose as much money in rakeback as the item u buy is worth (or more)

fx.

samsung 26" syncmaster costs 106000 FTP, and buying it will deduct about 500$ from my rakeback. If i buy it in a store i'll have to pay about 450$ for it, so i lose 50$ by using my FTP . it's like a trap. if ur tempted to use ur points u lose monah.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      if u get rakeback then the FTPs are useless, as u will lose as much money in rakeback as the item u buy is worth (or more)

fx.

samsung 26" syncmaster costs 106000 FTP, and buying it will deduct about 500$ from my rakeback. If i buy it in a store i'll have to pay about 450$ for it, so i lose 50$ by using my FTP . it's like a trap. if ur tempted to use ur points u lose monah.
      hi.

Actually the use of points costs $0.005 per point from your earned net rake so that monitor if 106000 FTP would cost you less than $150 from your rakeback. That's still pretty decent I think.
    • jonas253
      jonas253
      Bronze
      FTP is worth it with Rakeback. You're probably better off somewhere else if you can't get it.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      you used real info on your play money account?
    • cutefoxy2009
      cutefoxy2009
      Bronze
      Hi Eagle,
      how can i find if i'm getting rakeback.Where to look?
      I made an account on fulltilt through pokerstrategy using the bonus code for the starting capital.
      thx,
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutefoxy2009
      Hi Eagle,
      how can i find if i'm getting rakeback.Where to look?
      I made an account on fulltilt through pokerstrategy using the bonus code for the starting capital.
      thx,
      Hi cutefoxy,

As long as you signed up via PokerStrategy and are successfully tracked (ie. your receiving or will shortly be receiving PokerStrategy points), you will get rakeback automatically as soon as your Net Earned Rake moves into a +ve balance.

There's nowhere specifically that would show your rakeback status, however if your receiving PokerStrategy points, you are successfully tracked and rakeback will typically follow in a few weeks after you've cleared any starting capital/first deposit bonus.

You will receive an email from Full Tilt notifying you of a payment transfer on a Friday (or a day or so later).

Best regards,

Bart
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa

fx.

106000*0.005 = 530$ (net rake)
      you loose
      530*0.27 = 143.1$ of rakeback

450 > 143.1