This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL Poker Books

• Janchiks97
      Janchiks97
      Bronze
      Hello

Im playing poker ~4 years so far but Iv never read poker books before, so let me decide which books should i buy. Im currently playing NL10 BSS. Looking through threads i noticed that many of you suggest HoH1,2,3 but arn`t they for tournament play ? What i want find in those books is good explanation about implied odds, pot odds, EV etc... also im interested all about online poker play. :)
  • 4 replies
    • mrnowornever
      mrnowornever
      Global
      Easy Game 1 & 2 von Balugawhale
      Bobbos Bible
      The Poker Blueprint
      Small Stakes No limit hold em ( Ed Miller,Sunny)
      How to beat No limit hold em 6 max Cash Games (Bill Vosti)
      Ryan Fee's 6 Max NL Strategy Guide
      Cash Game Killer

contact me and i will give you advice which book to choose for you needs
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by mrnowornever
      Easy Game 1 & 2 von Balugawhale
      Bobbos Bible
      The Poker Blueprint
      Small Stakes No limit hold em ( Ed Miller,Sunny)
      How to beat No limit hold em 6 max Cash Games (Bill Vosti)
      Ryan Fee's 6 Max NL Strategy Guide
      Cash Game Killer

contact me and i will give you advice which book to choose for you needs
      -Read Ryan Fee's book cause it's free, good preflop charts and great advice overall
      -The Poker Blueprint is also decent for its price (40$)
      -Smallstakes no limit holdem costs 100$, it is alright but not that great IMO, Pokerblue print is better.
      -The rest are out of your spending ability and are also for midstakes. I'm sure you are not willing to spend your entire roll on a single book.
      -Don't waste your time on books written by live pros, Harrington on Cash is decent though but I rather you buy the poker blueprint which is cheaper and suits your needs (if you are playing 6max especially). Harrington is a live player and encourages so much limping which is not too suitable for online play
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      -The Poker Blueprint is also decent for its price (40$)
      -Smallstakes no limit holdem costs 100$, it is alright but not that great IMO, Pokerblue print is better.
      Please tell me that you are kidding! 100$ for a book?!

Where should a beginner start from? I am playing FR NL Holdem BSS cash games only.
    • radler101
      radler101
      Bronze
      edited by HannesZ: Please read our Board Rules: Rule 5: No illegal or immoral content