Is this "legal" to do ?

• Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Hey,
      My boyfriend invited me here to PS and I'm wondering if he can invite anyone in my family, like my sister or dad for example? I'm living together with my family so we would be on the same IP (router) but different sites, ex: FTP and Stars or whatever other site. So is this legal and can 2 users do the quiz and play from same IP or this is against the rules ?
  • 12 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello Lizocain,

Yes your family members are welcome to make accounts here. However it would be best if you and they notified support first. They would probably have to be id checked as well ;)

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      You mean I should tell this to the support aswell or ?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Yes.. if you have multiple accounts from the same IP you will likely have your accounts blocked until you've all supplied ID.. if you do this in advance then you won't have this problem (hopefully).

Customer support can be contacted via the "Home" tab - there are some options immediately under the tab name - click on "Customer Support".
    • triggger
      triggger
      Bronze
      It´s not true!!
      they deletied my fathers account, after he sent ID photos for verification!!
      And never got answer with reasons for such an action!!
    • Julest
      Julest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by triggger
      It´s not true!!
      I had the same issue with my brother...No more news...
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Originally posted by triggger
      It´s not true!!
      +1 and now he happily grinds FTP and I ve got no TAF boost.. X(
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Seems like i may have a similar problem brewing currently staying with the gf's parents and referred her dad to a different community. He sent in his ID obviously showing his birthdate and name etc no doubt matches all the details he used to create the account, now they have requested that he send a picture of himself holding the ID card by his face ?( What's that going to prove? With all this trouble i might as well just ship him the $50 myself.
    • dotarian
      dotarian
      Bronze
      this is just bullshit every person how claims that another member of his family wants to create an acc from the same ip (and is just a bronze - silver member) etc... its eating shit... that was my 1st though when i 1st started to go for the easy 50$ to create an 2nd acc on my sisters name, my fathers name, my mothers name, my grandmothers name, my grandfathers name, my ants name, my uncles name, my .... i can go for ever here but i didnt do it and ps is right to protect agains this shit...
    • triggger
      triggger
      Bronze
      And when you write about this issue there is no answer fron anyone from pokerstrategy, like this never happens!
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

We ask that you both contact support and notify of being family members or living from the same address. The newest member will probably have to encounter an id check so PokerStrategy can make sure its the right person. This to protect against people trying to receive the capital more than once.

Also in PokerStrategys terms and conditions it states;

4. Exclusion of Users
      PokerStrategy.com reserves the right to exclude Users from the Platform by removing/deleting the account of the User and by blocking a new registration. Especially in cases where a User enters incorrect and/or invalid information or details during registration or where a User or a third party on behalf of the User makes an attempt to register more than one account at PokerStrategy.com or any related poker game platform, PokerStrategy.com will exclude such Users and third parties acting on behalf of the respective User. PokerStrategy.com reserves the right to exclude Users based on other reasons as well, e.g. sharing the answers of the quiz with third parties, acting in breach of the general Terms and Conditions or if there is any evidence that the User has acted in another illegal manner.

The User will receive notification of successful registration via e-mail. In the same way, a User will be notified about exclusion.

Im sorry to any accounts that have been closed, but they will have been closed for a good reason. Supports decision is final.

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • PsychoFin
      PsychoFin
      Bronze
      I would just like to add that my wife was also asked to provide an id check, and after submitting her id it was denied. She was then asked to submit a photo of her holding her ID next to her face. We also found this weird, but realized that it's easy for people in some countries to obtain/make fake IDs.

Everything is fine now and I think PS is right in having strict requirements. We also notified support well in advance of my wife's registration.

Cheers,
      Psycho
    • Blancco7
      Blancco7
      Bronze
      I invited my friend who was willing to try out Internet poker. He passed the quiz but never got any money, any ID checks or any contact. Then he just said "f*ck it" and made a deposit himself, not using any of your bonus codes. Really nice work! (Sarkastic :f_thumbsup: )