[NL2-NL10] Qq @ Nl4

• Renmerb
      What should be my action here?

Was thinking he was on a missed draw, or perhaps trying to float.

I was playing as per starting hand chart with VP$IP 22 / PFR 13 / AF 2 / WTS 27.

Out of interest, how do these stats look?
      These are after 2588 hands.

Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.16, 6 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) 4:heart: , J:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.82) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

River: ($2.02) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.92, Hero????
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

The gap between your vpip and pfr is a likely too big, you're probably flatting raises preflop with too wide a range and/or completing too much hands out of the blinds, thereby leaking money if you don't make enough postflop moves, which you probably don't since your AF seems to be on the low side.

At nl4 the solution is to cut down on your calling range preflop, since you can't make moves against people who have no clue about what's going on.

As for the hand itself i think you played it fine, bad players will use that line with monsters as well as sometimes busted draws, but since he could very well have binked the A with random crap like Ah6h or A4 or something, i think folding is about as reasonable as looking him up since he seems aggressive in spite of his 37 vpip. I'd say mostly just fold it and if you have any reason to believe he can bluff big then maybe call it off.

Hope it helps.