[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH A4s

• shivas80
      battle for blind... guy is TAG with 18/17 stats over about 200 hands...

he got in habit of stealing my blinds... this time i woke up with A4s and decided to defend it...

Overplayed... no? my stats was quite TAGish too on that table.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.30, CO calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.65) 2, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, CO raises to $2.80, Hero raises to $6.90, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.45.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say, one of the main ideas behind being very active in late position and stealing the blinds is to get people suspicious of your raises to make money when you have the goods, and we don't know how he plans to accomplish that. If he 4bets his good hands we're likely safe there, if he flats the 3bets with them we could be in a big trouble, tho i think it's more likely a random nl10 player would 4bet them.

The flop is so dry that he could minraise all kinds of stuff there, an overpair be it 88 or maybe AA, overcards or a flushdraw for cheap. The timing would probably be useful, if he instantly flatted your 3bet and quickly minraised the flop i think it's mostly bullshit and shoving over him (or making a 3bet depending on which you think looks stronger) is likely okay, people usually need some time to decide whether they want to slowplay a big hand or not in these situations. Since your image is somewhat tight you should get respect and he'd probably be able to let go of a small overpair by putting you on QQ+.

As usual when you get involved in those kinds of situation without solid reads you're mostly risking 100bb immediately to protect against steals that didn't even happen yet by making costly plays, so don't be surprised if you get shown the nuts and get stacked sometimes.

Hope it helps.