LagTard

• lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Does anyone on here play LAG?

I know TwiceT has done on some of his videos, I am mainly a sitngo player but I used to be a cash player. My post flop skills I would say are above average....well to most donks i am.

I have played a few sessions of lagging with great success on NL100SH
      running at 160bb/100 :s_cool:
      its only a small sample dont get too excited. Just wondering if anyone here plays lag with success.

It takes alot of consentration and I can see it being fairly swingy. But the up side is I own the whole table even the regs cant handle me, Its important to identify players different playing styles as early as possible.
  • 11 replies
    • Ash05
      Ash05
      Global
      i would describe my playing style pretty laggy.

i play midstakes and run around 34/30 at nl200 and probably a bit lower at NL 400. and at PLO u might not wanna know, because it'more loose then aggressive :D ahha

so if u consider twicets preflop style as loose, then im probably hyper loose. but aggression should be the same, though he preferes to attack different spots then me.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I have been playing 35/31 so very simular, It was just one of his vidoes I watched the other night....forget which one, he was playing hyper lag like 45/38

Do you runn well playing lagg?
      I see it as the ferrari of poker, if you can win playing lag and win well then in my eyes you are god :s_o:
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      What does playing laggy mean?
    • Flipzors
      Flipzors
      Bronze
      I assume loose and aggressive but I'm not 100% sure myself :)
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      LAG = Loose Agressive
      TAG= Tight Agressive

PokerStrategy is tight agressive. You don't play too many hands and with LAG style you play all variaties of hands. I guess your skills have to be very good to successfully play LAG style.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Do you runn well playing lagg?
      I see it as the ferrari of poker, if you can win playing lag and win well then in my eyes you are god :s_o:
      hmm interesting comparison.

i think of SSS as the toyota hilux of poker.
      and i suppose that would make BSS-TAG something like a cayenne.

all other styles i think of as Lada's, sure to fail sooner or later
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      To anybody who wants to try LAG style, be aware not to fall into the "maniac" category...

Good LAG players know when to FOLD...Just watch High Stakes Poker Cash Game, they Fold when they're beat..and bluff only when you're sure what you're doing (you must have excellent hand read ability).
    • Ash05
      Ash05
      Global
      As always aggression is key in poker, and this concept is even more important until NL 1/2.
      u can really lagtard your way up the limits really fast, and the majority (90%) won't adapt and u will have an easy game throughout.

it's important that you don't level yourself, and dont become a maniac, like someone mentioned before. just controlled aggression, that should do the trick.

when your at 2/4 and above, its important to be able to switch gears, cause people won't fear your big bets, c/r, 3 barrels, bet/3bets, ... anymore. then balancing and reasonable lines become more important.
      but still u can play lag, but since most people know the counterstrategies u have to switch your style on every table, or session.

just be a good hand and player reader, and your good to go to play more hands and be a lagtard :)
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by dubrovnik
      To anybody who wants to try LAG style, be aware not to fall into the "maniac" category...

Good LAG players know when to FOLD...Just watch High Stakes Poker Cash Game, they Fold when they're beat..and bluff only when you're sure what you're doing (you must have excellent hand read ability).
      Agree with this, you can end up being boarderline maniac if you are not carefull.
      It is a very difficult skill.

Yes I can see as you move up the limits you need to adapt, I am finding as ash already said at NL100 noone is adapting to me and I run the table over.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      No clue what I play...

I iso with 34s is that lag?

I am hyper aggresive isolating actually, mainly because I wanna punish limpers.

Bit tigher going in first in but I will raise some suited connectors etc.

3-betting not at all anymore since I had to drop back down to Nl5 lol :)
      But yeah was just getting the hang to 3-bet light too.

Flop play is standard aggressive I guess as if I was TAG playing my TP etc.

From my experience it is very profitable as long as no-one plays back at you. If they start c/r you with air then you got a problem and should be tighter again.

Advantages is even more when you do actually hit TP or something and they call you down with second pair, and once you flop that first straight... weeeee :)

And yeah folding is important too!!
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      i think im a TaggyLag :)

i like to switch styles depending on the table & the opponents & also will swith midway through sessions too just to keep villians on there toes if im playing alot of regs.

ill also cold call on the button/co much more than usuall is i like to float or steal pots from weak opponents.

i range from a 16/9 to a 34/30 to 21/10 depending on the game/opponents