Question about SSS strategy-please comment

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello friends.
      This week I ve changed from SNG to 0.5/0.10 FR cash games and implying SSS.
      I read all the articles that are allowed in my bronze and basic rank, reread them, print startign chart and hit the road.
      At first I played only 1 table, than I felt the lack of action, so I put in few more of them, and I now I am at 9 tables/time.

Since I cant make any reads on players I play on for cards, but I guess thats the plan on SSS, or am I missing something here?

Now I ve been playing this for 3 days approximaltey 3h/day and I ve noticed that despite the fact, I am playing strictly to the chart at the ned of my session I am always cca. 5$ short than I started?
      Due to some bad beats, and few decisions of my own(I won 4$ and suppose to leave table, but since I was in BB, I decided to stick around, hit AQs, flloped an A, went Allin , lost against AK :( .
      I hope this will not be case in my following sessions.
      I had one more question but forgot it on the way, so that is it for now.

Regards
  • 6 replies
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I play NL10 SSS as well, here are my suggestions.

Follow the 1.50 2.50 rule, you might not make as much with 1.50 as 2 with an all in but this allows your swings to be shorter. If you get bad luck and lose with the best hand, you only lose 1.50 instead of 1.50 and the .50 from your BR.

Consider folding as winning. Yeah it sounds dumb but if you have JJ and someone raises, and another play re-raises him before it gets to you, have the ability to fold JJ because too often your dominated here, same with 10's and AK/AQ. If you get away loosing only .40 and not 2.00 you won, because no donk would be able to lay a hand like that down.

I found that these 2 things helped me go from consistently breaking even to consistently winning, (today for ex I earned $20, not bad for 1500 hands on NL10).
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Sinnology,

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't started off well with your SSS.
      Because you are just starting out with this strategy, I recommend just playing 2-4 tables.
      9 tables could be where you are going wrong.
      Not having enough time to make correct decisions, not taking in consideration the whole scenario of the hand etc etc.

My advice would be to drop a few tables, read/re-read the articles, watch some SSS coaching, watch some strategy videos and you'll be winning in no time.

Varience is a part of poker, we just have to deal with it the best we can and keep grinding out the bad times.
      and

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Those are some great advices from both of you.
      THx a million :)

Regards
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      SSS is swingy, to be profitable You sometimes need to play thousands and thousands of hands. When i started to get into poker and SSS i knew ill have to eat and eat dirt, to make progress. I can say that now im only starting to really eat it :f_pleased:

To be profitable its not about learning SHC, its about learning SHC and having discipline actualy to play like SHC says + grind and grind. Be prepaired to take downswings, and if You tilt, You are toast. So, be cool and do Your best! :f_biggrin:
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Bro what is SHC?
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      Bro what is SHC?
      Starting Hands Chart: http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Strategy/en/ps_nl_basic_handout_V3_en.pdf