This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker Addiction

• dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      I play alot of poker, i feel i am addicted. i can't have a day without playing poker.

I know alot of players are like me, what do you think, is poker controlling our lives too much ??
  • 6 replies
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      I have been wondering about this for a while as well.

I tend to play for at least an hour a day and I feel upset if I don't get to play. That sounds sort of like an addiction however isn't it really just the same as anything else you enjoy doing?

In a similar way I go climbing every wednesday and if I have to do something else instead I am upset and annoyed that I can't go climbing. Am I addicted to climbing also?

Everyone has something in their lives that they spend too much time on. Its up to you whether it is something bad or good.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      problem is if you are a loosing player and you are addicted and if you lack selfcontrol.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      I thought I was... but then I had to study for tests and exams. So far I haven't played poker in 2 weeks, and don't really have any withdrawal.

Guess I wasn't addicted...

You're can't really tell until it's too late and it really starts messing up your life, methinks.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I almost wish i could become addicted to poker. I generally play every day and feel bad if i don't because i set a minimum 10 SnG's /day rule, to make a bankroll and climb levels.

So i play on average for 2h a day every day and don't feel addicted. And i'll do this as long as i enjoy it and make a profit out of it... I was thinking about dumping playing while i have the exams; i don't know if i'll do it or not...

(or maybe i'm addicted and i don't realise it lol).
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I wish I was addicted to poker, I play for 1/2h - 1h, get bored, and leave table, especially when I'm winning.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      I wish I was addicted to poker, I play for 1/2h - 1h, get bored, and leave table
      Same here. Not always, but very often. No matter if I'm running good or not...