[NL2-NL10] Nl1000 Kk

• PanDuzePE
      PanDuzePE
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP2) ($279)
      MP3 ($1589)
      CO ($288.50)
      Button ($533.50)
      SB ($1312)
      BB ($892.75)
      UTG ($1713.50)
      UTG+1 ($1090)
      MP1 ($1046)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K
      2 folds, MP1 calls $10, Hero bets $45, 4 folds, BB calls $35, MP1 calls $35

Flop: ($140) 6, 9, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $87, BB calls $87, 1 fold

Turn: ($314) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $147 (All-In), BB calls $147

River: ($608) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $608 | Rake: $3

MP1 =

42/7 30% cc 93 hands

BB =

36/14 44 hands 31 % cc

fold cb 50%
  • 20 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      if hes prepared to call your turn push when an A turns up, he must be holding 7 8 or he has a set i guess.
      i wouldnt be sure about your push on the turn but hard to say as he could have just called you with a pair on the flop. a tricky turn situation as u dont wana show weakness here either, this is a hard spot for sure.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If we were to suppose that the BB is a bit on the loose/bad side then he could be calling the flop with with a ton of hands eg.77,Q9s,98s,74s,TT etc.. The fact that an ace turns is hardly likely to change much since there aren't too many Ax hands in his hand at this point.

Versus most players just simply betting again on the turn seems fine since the board can only get scarier for villain and giving a free-card with 1/2 a stack already in the pot seems pretty gross.

NH.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      you should bet if villain folds a better hand or if you must protect your hand.
      here, there is nothing to protect and he will not fold a better hand (Ax, 55,66,99)
      so I check behind turn
      and usually call a riverbet
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      omg
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      i would bet bigger flop (110) and of course shove no matter what the turn brings, although A is pretty much the worst card you could see
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wuusaa
      here, there is nothing to protect and he will not fold a better hand (Ax, 55,66,99)
      so I check behind turn
      THIS.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by tigerK
      so I check behind turn
      THIS.
      ok i changed my mind. this does sound better.

and do bet more on the flop
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo

and do bet more on the flop
      why?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      protect against a hand like A7 who has overcard and straight draw
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      no need to protect. 80$ are enough with this board here.
      If someone calls your cbet with A7 he makes a big mistake if he calls your 80$ bet. No need to overbet and show your hand straight away.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I expect him rarely to have an Ax there, maybe A9, but he could be calling down with pair+gutshot or a 9, since he is such a fish. So why not bet for value on this turn? It is a perfect scary card for a second barrel so he might give hero very little credit for it.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tigerK
      so I check behind turn
      THIS.
      +1

and i suppose we'd bet river for value then if he also check there
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      It is a perfect scary card for a second barrel so he might give hero very little credit for it.
      cause we want to get our money in as favourit.
      the last thing we want is feq.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      I expect him rarely to have an Ax there, maybe A9, but he could be calling down with pair+gutshot or a 9, since he is such a fish. So why not bet for value on this turn? It is a perfect scary card for a second barrel so he might give hero very little credit for it.
      QFT

We obviously don't know too much about villain but he PROBABLY has a fairly wide range PF. Villain might also feel more pot-committed with a marginal hand (pair+g/s etc) on the turn than on the river (especially if the board gets scarier).
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      when you cbet here then cbet 110$ to be commited on the turn anyway, it will not change there calling/shoving range and you will have an easier decision on the turn
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ysessa
      when you cbet here then cbet 110$ to be commited on the turn anyway, it will not change there calling/shoving range and you will have an easier decision on the turn
      but should he then also cbet so big if he had AK on the same board in the same situation for balance?
      then his 2. barrel will have much less FE
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      On turn when A comes I would bet because with this wide of a range he can have many connecting or semi connecting cards that have pair + gutshot on this flop. If BB was tighter, then the argument could be made that there is nothing to protect against but with this loose of an opponent for all you know he could be a big fan of the T7 suited or other such crap hands. There is plenty to protect against. Furthermore, with this wide of a range and the call on the flop it is quite unlikely he has the A. I definitely go broke on the turn.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      That's not the point. We, people who prefer checking turn, don't check for pot control or because we are afraid of an A, but for bluff induce. Cause of course we're going to go broke on this spot, we just want to play our stack against a weaker range. Here it's at the river that the betting/calling range of vilain wil be the widest, not at turn. And I disagree we don't have so much to protect now: if we're beaten at the showdown, we're more likely to be beaten at the turn already.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      Originally posted by ysessa
      but should he then also cbet so big if he had AK on the same board in the same situation for balance?
      then his 2. barrel will have much less FE
      why do you want to cbet or even 2ndbarrel with AK against two 50/10-stations?