[NL2-NL10] NL 5: QQ: bad turn card?

• rasputin

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG+1 calls $0,04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, BB calls $0,16, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($0,46) 9:club: , 7:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,34, BB raises to $0,68, Hero calls $0,34.

Turn: ($1,82) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,88, Hero ???.

No reads on villain.

Should I've 3bet his flop-check raise? I called to see if a safe turn card hits in which case i would've raised villain all-in.
      But unfortunately: A:heart:

How should I proceed, giving that turn card? Call (at the best case 11 outs) and fold to a river bet seems standard to me. Furthermore there is also a small chance that villain doesn't bet the river.
      Also I had no clue what his small turn bet meant. Was he scared of the ace, or was he only trying to price me in?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Stack sizes are very important here so it is best to always include them.

So assuming 100BB effective stacks call for the reasons you stated. Not many players I imagine at NL5 will c/r draws nor will they play monsters so fast either. I'd even call a smallish river bet unimproved. Villain could well hold TT,JJ,KK,AA,9X,trash.

I'm not too sure if 3-betting the flop is too good here since you will then all too easily become pot-committed. The c/r is a bit scary and it wouldn't therefore be a bad idea to see a cheap SD if possible. MHO.
    • rasputin
      ok i have fixed the mistake with players stack sizes.

@nunki: would you 3bet if the flop came rainbow?