This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 5: QQ: bad turn card?

• rasputin
      rasputin
      Bronze
      BB:
      $4,10
      UTG+1:
      $2,70
      UTG+2:
      $6,61
      Hero:
      $4,98

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      UTG+1 calls $0,04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 3 folds, BB calls $0,16, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($0,46) 9:club: , 7:heart: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,34, BB raises to $0,68, Hero calls $0,34.

Turn: ($1,82) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,88, Hero ???.

Hello.
      No reads on villain.

Should I've 3bet his flop-check raise? I called to see if a safe turn card hits in which case i would've raised villain all-in.
      But unfortunately: A:heart:

How should I proceed, giving that turn card? Call (at the best case 11 outs) and fold to a river bet seems standard to me. Furthermore there is also a small chance that villain doesn't bet the river.
      Also I had no clue what his small turn bet meant. Was he scared of the ace, or was he only trying to price me in?
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Stack sizes are very important here so it is best to always include them.

So assuming 100BB effective stacks call for the reasons you stated. Not many players I imagine at NL5 will c/r draws nor will they play monsters so fast either. I'd even call a smallish river bet unimproved. Villain could well hold TT,JJ,KK,AA,9X,trash.

I'm not too sure if 3-betting the flop is too good here since you will then all too easily become pot-committed. The c/r is a bit scary and it wouldn't therefore be a bad idea to see a cheap SD if possible. MHO.
    • rasputin
      rasputin
      Bronze
      ok i have fixed the mistake with players stack sizes.

@nunki: would you 3bet if the flop came rainbow?