[NL2-NL10] SSS FR NL10 - Just one hand I wanted to check out

• FlushedAFlop
      Very new to NL poker, playing the SSS, just want to check I played this hand right....
      First hand on table so no reads

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , J:heart: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.60.

Should probably have only raised to $0.50 here, but was a bit unsure given the presence of 2 big blinds (I posted in the cutoff)

Flop: ($1.55) 2:club: , T:heart: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.30 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.30.

Have flush draw so went all in

Turn: ($4.15) J:club:
      River: ($4.15) 8:club:

Final Pot: $4.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows [ Ac, Qs ] a pair of Queens
      Hero shows [ Ah, Jh ] a pair of Jacks
      MP1 wins $3.95 USD with a pair of Queens.

This hand is probably really standard, but I just wanted to check I played it right
  • 2 replies
    • howard182
      Your own blind doesn't count when sizing preflop raises because it doesn't change the odds for other players. Flop is indeed standard, with only $1.30 left the only move that makes sense is all in, you almost certainly have 12 clean outs (which is enough with the money already in the pot), potentially as many as 18 and may have the best hand right already.

Don't post results, people can't help looking if you do.
    • frzl
      when you post the blind yourself there is no need to raise more than the standard 50c. when someone before you posts a blind you should treat him as a limper and raise more.

rest is good. your stack is smaller than the pot so it would be a all in (according to the standard strategy) if you hit or not. here you have a big hand. you have 12 outs to the nuts (nutflush or broadway) and your A outs might be good.

easy all in. well played

argh too slow :P