HU where to start??

• Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I am generally FR and SH cash game player but I want to improve at heads up games so I'm about to start playing on PokerStars SnG HU with bankroll of $$100-200. I'm not really a beginner at poker but it would be good to hear some feedback how good are games at $5(I'm gonna start to play that limit) and how hard to beat, what could I expect etc...

I would like to hear some oppinions from you when you started and on what to focus, how to use stats ...
  • 5 replies
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      And i forgot to mention: I would like to know if there's any good book or material on HU games?
    • MAGICBRYAN
      MAGICBRYAN
      Bronze
      Hi there Sasa

I too am getting into heads up play lately. I notice you have quite a high status, so you can no doubt read the strategy articles on heads up in the gold section on here.

At the bottom of the front page to this forum, there is a search box "search forum". If you type heads up into there it brings up related forum posts, which you can trawl through. I have just done this, but didn't have time just now to read many posts, as I have to go out. However, I soon found some very interesting tips and advice, so suggest you give it a try.

All the best
      Bryan
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sasa1234
      And i forgot to mention: I would like to know if there's any good book or material on HU games?
      I bought Collin Moshman's book on HU.
      Very nice book .
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Hey,

Pokerstars is the right place, HU sng, 5$ and 10$ u dont need stats... just patience .. blinds go up every 10 min..so the 1st 10-20 min blinds still low to ur stacks...15-30$ u have 1500$ so just wait for the best spot and then raise and raise they think ur bluffin... and well i make about 15-30$ a day playin 5$ sometimes more..one day i made about 85$ played 22 matches...2 tables ..max 3 at same time...
      gd luck !
    • DiegoFueng
      DiegoFueng
      Bronze
      I really hate sngs

I play cash, i mean, heads up cash.

It's a very different game and i dont know about books, but even if there is some, u gotta play ur game, there will never be a "rite play" or a "wrong play"

Experience, patient, u need that.

About the level at $5 hu.. it sucks, it sucks as if ur playing nl5. Ppl doesnt kno hu, u will have an adventage.