Best learning methods

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      So, how do you think what are the best methods for learning poker?
      Knowing articles by heart? Maybe whatching videos and thinking what the coach will do next and then checking if your opinion was right. How do you make your session reviews by yourself?
      Any advice will be appreciated.
      I am stuck on NL2! I dont want to give up poker! I want to live a dream!
  • 8 replies
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      How long have you been playing poker?
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      "sweat sessions", as they call it around here, are imo the easiest and most fun solution - aka a guy who knows something about poker watches you play live and you talk about the hands and how to play them.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      For 2 month. But not very seriously.
      Dendra I will probably do this with one of my friends if he will get better.
      My english is not that good for a sweat session I guess. :D
      Just made an article review. Wrote down the main things from it. Imo nice way to learn, and easier to remember. Tomorrow I will try to check hand judging forums and videos. Learning, learning, learning.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I make summuries and then questions from them with hyperlinks to answers. Posting hands and reviewing other people hands helps me the most I think.
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      What is your native language?

2 months of poker, don't expect much...just you need to play, to read articles, to discuss your hands and learn from experience and hard work.

There's no instant quick success in any games, poker is not exception.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dendra
      "sweat sessions", as they call it around here, are imo the easiest and most fun solution - aka a guy who knows something about poker watches you play live and you talk about the hands and how to play them.
      +1

But also like you said Huseens, dont just read the article, take notes about it to try and get the main ideas into your head.

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dubrovnik
      What is your native language?

2 months of poker, don't expect much...just you need to play, to read articles, to discuss your hands and learn from experience and hard work.

There's no instant quick success in any games, poker is not exception.
      my native language is Latvian. Haven't seen many people from Latvia here.
      At the moment I am putting a lot of volume on. I try to play straight forward.
    • dubrovnik
      dubrovnik
      Bronze
      I am willing to translate PokerStrategy into Croatian and start Croatian community...