SSS question

• Venter2
      Venter2
      Bronze
      Hallo friends,

When I looking for a tabe with no more than 2 short stack, how much player must have that I can ask him as a shortstack? For exemple 5 dolar smalest buy in.

:spade:
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Just the minimum (20bb) so on 25NL= $0.25*20 = $5 :)
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Another question on this subject. Do we count all players with 20BB or less as short stackers?

I haven't been and maybe that's a problem. I have notes on players who play with 20BB or less and limp EP, don't raise based on # of limpers, etc. If they are at the table I don't consider them a SSS player. Does this make sense?
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlexanderD22
      Another question on this subject. Do we count all players with 20BB or less as short stackers?

I haven't been and maybe that's a problem. I have notes on players who play with 20BB or less and limp EP, don't raise based on # of limpers, etc. If they are at the table I don't consider them a SSS player. Does this make sense?
      Most short stackers aren't SSS players. If they raise 4bb + 1 limper and fold a lot then take them more seriously as a SSS player, it not just play them normally imo.
    • loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze

The betting pattern as EP limp or raising 4+1 per limp does not have to be in SSS. Therefore do not make any conclusions on it. It can mean that the guy have different strategy than the PS.com uses or balancing lines, but does not mean that they are not shortstacking. What you have to look at how tight they play, how do they behave on flop and what do they go to showdown with. When you see that they are pushing on equity advatage or fold equity advantage, and play top pair poker then they are shortstacking.
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by loop2troop

The betting pattern as EP limp or raising 4+1 per limp does not have to be in SSS. Therefore do not make any conclusions on it. It can mean that the guy have different strategy than the PS.com uses or balancing lines, but does not mean that they are not shortstacking. What you have to look at how tight they play, how do they behave on flop and what do they go to showdown with. When you see that they are pushing on equity advatage or fold equity advantage, and play top pair poker then they are shortstacking.
      Nah the ones I am talking about are the fish who are playing at a limit they shouldn't be an only buying in for minimum. They keep getting me though, calling my raises with their 94o...flopping 2 pair when I hit toptop or have over pair. Or the other thing that drives me nuts is the chasing til the river and of course hitting. Honestly does their thinking pattern go "...of course I should play these cards no matter the cost, they are the same suit!!!"