[NL2-NL10] NL2 QJs

• Oly0909
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,04, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU folds, Hero calls $0,03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,14) 3:diamond: , J:heart: , Q:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,10, MP2 calls $0,10, CO folds.

Turn: ($0,34) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,34, MP2 calls $0,34.

River: ($1,02) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $1,02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Jd Qd)
      MP2 shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Kd Js)

MP2 wins with two pairs, kings and jacks (Kd Js)

Preflop: SHC says if isomeone called then call. Should I consider min raise like a raise and fold here or like a call so I can also call?
      Flop: Bet size?
      Turn: Probably the worst card, I have no idea what to do. Please help.
      River: Same as turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

You're out of position and they don't have that much money behind, i think it's close but as long as you are playing ok postflop it shouldn't be a big deal at microstakes, just make sure you don't start coldcalling too much hands in those spots or you'll leak money.

I'd just pot out the flop into the two fish and get all in if possible. The turn is kinda ugly, i'd probably bet only 2/3 since there are a lot less hands to protect from now and some of the pairs hand we could get value from on the flop now have improved to two pairs and should be scared of the flushes/straights out there too. If you get shoved on it sucks given the price but it's likely a fold barring a read that he could shove a redraw there.

River finishes to kill your hand, if you think that guy is bad enough to call down with stuff like AQ/AK no heart on the river then shoving yourself beats the check/call line, otherwise it's probably a check/fold.

Hope it helps.