This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS - Ok, 11 hands from this session

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Hand 1:

Should I have folded here instead? Or perhaps just called?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $17.63
      Hero:
      $1.90

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:club: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 8:club: , 7:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.45, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $1.50 (All-In), SB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.90) K:heart:
      River: ($3.90) 3:club:

Final Pot: $3.90

Hand 2:

Should I have called/reraised instead of folding?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.85
      MP1:
      $9.30

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 4:diamond: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.70, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.85

Hand 3:

I thought the reraise was quite fine at first but then I realised he mightve had a set perhaps. But on the whole, was it right to reraise allin here?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.10
      SB:
      $9.84
      BB:
      $10.08
      MP3:
      $5.05

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.60) 3:heart: , 7:spade: , 3:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1, Hero raises to $1.70 (All-In), 2 folds, BB calls $0.70.

Turn: ($5.00) A:heart:
      River: ($5.00) J:diamond:

Final Pot: $5.00

Hand 4:

Reraise was fine here? At least I would like to think so hehe.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , K:heart: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4.10) A:diamond: , 7:heart: , 3:spade:
      Turn: ($4.10) 6:spade:
      River: ($4.10) T:diamond:

Final Pot: $4.10

Hand 5:

In hindsight I believe I just shouldve folded on the flop because of too bad pott odds.

Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $17.84
      UTG:
      $10.23
      Hero:
      $2

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:spade: , A:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.35) K:spade: , 4:heart: , T:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.35) K:club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.35) 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.40, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.75

Hand 6:

It felt like the correct thing to do with an overpair even though a potential flushdraw was on the board.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.85
      BB:
      $10.94

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 5:heart: , 9:spade: , J:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.45 (All-In), BB calls $0.95.

Turn: ($3.75) T:diamond:
      River: ($3.75) A:diamond:

Final Pot: $3.75

Hand 7:

I believe this was all according to the SSS, play it passively.

Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.90
      MP1:
      $6.33
      Hero:
      $1.95
      UTG+2:
      $3.25
      MP2:
      $5.94

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:club: , 3:heart:
      UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 2:club: , 5:heart: , J:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.70) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

River: ($0.70) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0.50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.20

Hand 8:

Apart from that I shouldve left (it was like one or two hands after I got $2.69 and I didnt want to seem rude or whatever and leave right away) and perhaps that I shouldve gone allin, any other real flaws here? Or was the JJ too weak in this situation?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.69
      SB:
      $9.99

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.50, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, SB calls $1.45, BB folds, UTG raises to $1.90 (All-In), Hero calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($5.80) 5:diamond: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.79 (All-In), SB calls $0.79.

Turn: ($7.38) A:heart:
      River: ($7.38) K:club:

Final Pot: $7.38

Hand 9:

Apart from that I shouldve left (it was like one or two hands after I got $2.69 and I didnt want to seem rude or whatever and leave right away) and perhaps that I shouldve gone allin, any other real flaws here? Or was the JJ too weak in this situation?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.69
      SB:
      $9.99

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.50, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, SB calls $1.45, BB folds, UTG raises to $1.90 (All-In), Hero calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($5.80) 5:diamond: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.79 (All-In), SB calls $0.79.

Turn: ($7.38) A:heart:
      River: ($7.38) K:club:

Final Pot: $7.38

Hand 10:

Would it have been better if I had made a hpsb or 2/3 sized bet? Or was the potsized bet fine here with a potential flush draw?

Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $2.73
      MP1:
      $7.14
      Hero:
      $4.97

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:club: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) A:heart: , 6:heart: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.65

Hand 11:

Would it have been better if I had made a hpsb or 2/3 sized bet? Or was the potsized bet fine here with a potential flush draw?

Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $2.73
      MP1:
      $7.14
      Hero:
      $4.97

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:club: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) A:heart: , 6:heart: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.65
  • 6 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1)If in doubt fold. Versus tight/passive fold. Versus loose aggressive fold.

2)NH

3)NH especially if BB is the donkbettor from hand 2) :D

4)All depends on your guess of villain's re-raising range. Eg.AK,QQ+ and you're EV neutral, variance high.

5)Fold; although this villain could well be shooting for the dead-money.

6)NH BECAUSE of the potential FD.

7)NH.

8)If UTG was another SSS player you could fold here but against looser raisers NP.

10)NH; nothing wrong with betting $1 either.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      1. Υou can fold without reads.But i believe he often does that minraise with a draw on such a board. So you might be good. Going all in there shouldnt be that big of a mistake , he doesnt have the K that often.
      2. Good fold , he probably has an overpair. 55 up to 99 imo.
      3. Easy all in , no way you fold your overpair there. Why would he have a set?
      4. Easy all in , AKs is too strong.
      5. Big mistake to call the overbet on flop.Pot isnt worth fighting for. Fold it.
      6. Good play , you can almost never fold your overpair.
      7. Good hand.
      8. Shortstack raising from UTG , you have to fold there or you are making a mistake.
      10. They dont have the Flushdraw that often really , your 2 pair is pretty strong there. 1$ bet should be enough , but since you already have a big stack its ok to bet potsize to give them bad odds if they chase a flush draw.

You should read the SSS articles again , and also the "how to play vs other shortstacks" article. Answers to some of your hands are there already.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah thanks for the feedback as always. And yeah I will, and I do from time to time actually, but I can admit I havent read the one vs SSS very much.

Two questions, if I get reraised and my stack:my raise size ratio is 4:1 and I dont have AA-JJ or AK, should I just call then? Or am I going to fold? And the last, what if I hade a trash hand on the flop, like AKo and hitting nothing and my opponent checks before me and I make a contbet according to the SSS and gets called, on the turn he bets before me while the turncard gave me Kings or Aces, I am right in reraising here then? Just want clarification.

And concerning one of the hands I posted. I just got a hunch he mightve had that since Ive seen such plays quite some times, they calls a openingbet preflop and then plays it on the flop, actually I was right this time hehe, probably luck though :P , the hunch that is ^^, but actually my hunches have a +ev lol ^^
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/strategy/169/2/
      There is no call on SSS , only push or fold

If your unimproved overcards on flop improve on turn/river ofc you stay in the hand no matter your opponent's action , unless its totally obvious by the board that you are behind. (Which isnt too often). For a shortstack , a hand like TPTK is a monster. You cant fold it because you cant lose much even if you are behind.
    • iluya
      iluya
      Bronze
      Please just post 3 Hands or less.

1) If your Contibet is being reraised fold!!

2) easy fold

3) An Overpair is a MadeHand so easy Allin.

4) Easy Allin according to the SSS

5) You dont have the PotOdds to call!!! Fold.

6) An Overpair is a MadeHand so easy Allin.

7) good

8) Good

9) Good too :D

10) Your Stack is too big. But good

11) Same Same :)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ok I will keep that "3 hands" in mind the next time :) . And for some reason I apparently double posted some hands lol. Thx for judge feedback here too :)