Handy macro for Grab'em

• Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      When I review my play with PT I find it awkward and slow especially if I want to judge my play in the context of my opponents statistical signatures. Grab'em is the answer (especially if the AF bug gets fixed) but I was finding it rather cumbersome copying and pasting HH's from the PT Hand History window. I therefore wrote a useful macro which is activated by pressing the "windows key" and the "z key" together.

This macro simply copies the hand history from the PT Hand History window onto the clipboard and then into Grab'em (as long as Grabem's window is open). Open another HH in PT two key strokes and another hand is imported into Grab'em.

If you have autohotkey (Google "autohotkey" if you don't know what it is) installed on your machine you simply copy and paste the code below into Notepad and save as a * .ahk file. Double click on the saved file and the macro will run in the sys tray. Right click on the icon and choose exit to close the macro.

Caveat: I am not a software engineer so this code may have potential flaws. If so, please let me know. It seems to work OK for me though. I've been using it for a month so far with no ill effects. Of course, you use it at your own risk.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;copy and paste below here;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

SetTitleMatchMode, 1
      DetectHiddenText, off
      DetectHiddenWindows, off
      SetTitleMatchMode,fast
      CoordMode,Mouse,Relative
      SendMode Input

#z::

WinGet, text_id, ID, Hand History for Game #:

WinGetText,Text,ahk_id%text_ID%

StringTrimLeft,Cut,Text,24

clipboard=%Cut%

WinActivate,Texas Grab'em

Click,262,75

return
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Nice idea. But you know that you can import handhistorys with texas grabem also? :)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Nice idea. But you know that you can import handhistorys with texas grabem also? :)
      For example, if I want to look at all the hands where I lost a buy-in during the last 1000 hands, how does Grab'em do this? I can load these individually with a mouse-click in PT followed by a double key press. Each hand takes about 1 second once I've got them filtered in PT. I find it convenient like this as Grab'em format is easy on the eye. You can also see your opponents stats.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Ah ok thats an argument.