Full tilt VS Pokerstars

• davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Poker stars uses a VPP/VPP system verses FT's FTP system.

Is 1 FTP equivalent to 5 FPP's? If so, arent the VPP store purchases a ridiculously good deal compared to full tilt?
  • 15 replies
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davecc
      Poker stars uses a VPP system verses FT's FTP system.

Is 1 FTP equivalent to 5 VPP's? If so, arent the VPP store purchases a ridiculously good deal compared to full tilt?
      There is a thread 2 threads down with the exact same title. And I think its the other way around, more like 1VPP = 5 FTP.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Sorry, I didnt see that thread. Thanks for the direction.
    • dotarian
      dotarian
      Bronze
      well 1$ rake = 5 VPPs and 1$ rake = 7 FTs so 5 VPPs = 7 FPs
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by dotarian
      well 1$ rake = 5 VPPs and 1$ rake = 7 FTs so 5 VPPs = 7 FPs
      Doesn't it depend on if your playing CGs or MTTs/SNGs also on stars don't you get a nice multiplier if your a grinder ???
    • dotarian
      dotarian
      Bronze
      i dont know about ring games i only play sngs atm so i dont remember how it was for the ring games and yes at stars you get a multiplier but thats a another thing, the FPPs are not the same with the VPPs, the post was about FTPs vs VPPs i think...
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      Considering any of the figures out here, Poker stars seems to have a much better reward system than full tilt.

With a middle rank at poker stars you earn double the FPP's, and even if 1 FPP is worth 5 FTP, the overall would be around 2.5/1, and the prices at Poker stars are ridiculously low compared to full tilt.

Now I say this, but I doubt Im ever buying anything from the store. It just surprised me to see the big price differences. Theres gotta be something Im missing.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      nvm
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      the FPPs are worth much more on Stars.

Stars also has a much better VIP program.

But you get 27% rakeback on FTP.

Depends on what you prefer.

If you don't play much, i think direct rakeback will be better.

If you play a lot, eventually the FPPs, the bonuses and the other perks from being a Stars VIP will be worth many times the 27% rakeback.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by elhh82

If you play a lot, eventually the FPPs, the bonuses and the other perks from being a Stars VIP will be worth many times the 27% rakeback.
      how do you figure?

i am interested to make a deposit over there and i would really like some inside info:)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by excelgeo

how do you figure?

i am interested to make a deposit over there and i would really like some inside info:)
      They are better for high volume players becuase at supernova they have a lot of milestone bonus' which are worth alot in the long run... also if you happen to be a mega grinder and reach Supernova elite you also get 2 buyins for Live events which are worth ALOT.

Also on an unrelated issue can anyone who plays at stars clear something up I was looking at the shop a few days ago at a friends place because he has a stars account and I noticed that they have a $1000 bonus which costs 100k points but I looked at the gift certificates and noticed they have $1000 futureshop gift cards (only for Canadians) for only 55k points did I read this right ?( because that means 110k points would be $2000 of value.
    • davecc
      davecc
      Bronze
      you read it right I assume, they probably have a deal with future shop.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i like ft b/c of the rakeback. even though i might make more at stars i like a gurenteed bonus (rb) every friday
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      i like ft b/c of the rakeback. even though i might make more at stars i like a gurenteed bonus (rb) every friday
      Yea its nice that we get that small boost once a week directly into our BR it is very convenient.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KidPokersKid
      Also on an unrelated issue can anyone who plays at stars clear something up I was looking at the shop a few days ago at a friends place because he has a stars account and I noticed that they have a $1000 bonus which costs 100k points but I looked at the gift certificates and noticed they have $1000 futureshop gift cards (only for Canadians) for only 55k points did I read this right ?( because that means 110k points would be $2000 of value.
      It makes sense because gift certificates are worth less than real cash.

You can't use the cert anywhere but in that shop, so you're force to buy stuff from them.

Plus USD is also worth just a bit more than the CAD, not by much tho :)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global

It makes sense because gift certificates are worth less than real cash.

You can't use the cert anywhere but in that shop, so you're force to buy stuff from them.

Plus USD is also worth just a bit more than the CAD, not by much tho :)
      But why would I want to buy a bonus for $1000 when I can get $2000 value for almost the same amount of points... I could easily convert that stuff to real cash at any time... I don't think it is illegal to sell gift cards I know a ton of people who would pay 900 for 1000 lol