This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Downswing

• tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      last week i played about 100 games and i am down 21 BI.I am at my best game now, i play so much better and so much more that i did in the past , but the last week just killed my spirit. and i am playing regulars not turbos. happened to anyone else?
  • 12 replies
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      i also have another question. i just got sng wizard, but i don't know where to get my hand history from, so i can analyze my game.
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      the hand history is stored on your computer (if you have activated that option at your poker-client), where the client is installed.

Most downswings hurt and ~20BI is not just nothing but it will happen again and again and again so it's nothing unusual. Just keep concentrating on your game. gl!
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      chin up
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      tevere it happened to me when i played on stars last. down somewhere between 100 and 150 buyins over 250 games
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      20BI swings perfectly normal - no need to panic. Just post your hands to make sure there are no obvious leaks and play through it.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      yep, 20 BI downswing is pretty normal have had those a lot. just keep playing you're A-game and you will keep winning in the long run ;) . also keep a close eye on you're game by analysing posting hands, watching videos and going to coachings to find any leak that might have slipped into you're game if any
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Boku87 who is crushing sit'gos has had over 500 tourneys downswings so everything is possible.
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      ihufa don t mislead him 100 or 150 downswings in 250 is just bad that isn t a downswing if you beat the limit it isn't possible to get a downswing that large... srry but i don't believe you
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladd20
      ihufa don t mislead him 100 or 150 downswings in 250 is just bad that isn t a downswing if you beat the limit it isn't possible to get a downswing that large... srry but i don't believe you
      I don't want to be rude, but for how long are you playing SNGs? And which buy ins?
      I'm pretty sure ihufa does not only play 5$ SNGs ;)
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      i ve played over 6000 sngs up to 22 but to be honest i don't have a decent sample size on the 22 , but i do have a a sample size of 1000 on 11 s and 3000 on 5's so i think in this case i'm somehow in title to give my opinion , i know the reason you are patronizing me..is because i m bronze but i don't play on a tracked account ...because if i did i would have been diamond at least 1 time and platinum almost all the time so pls .... and yes i do think 150 buy ins downswing in 250 games is just bad...you can t have that if you beat the limit unless you are tilting, unless we are talking about mtt sng s but that s another story, and by saying that he does not play only 5 dollar sng s what does that mean? does it matter? if you beat the limit which i mentioned it s the same, yes it is higher variance because of the loose calling from regs but that s still bad if you don t adapt you re pushing ....so...don t really get the point of your post...you know you can get platinum without playing very well right? i don t say that s the case, but pls think twice before saying such things
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Yes I know about the status system and at the moment I am not able to play 10% of the amout I'd like to play and the reason for my comment was not your bronze status!

As you are playing up to 22$ SNGs I guess "beating a limit" is something around 10% ROI. But beating 60$s for example with a ROI of 5% is awesome and 3% is still veeeery solid. So the variance depends on limits and if you think about it, there is a difference between 5$ and 20$ BIs concerning variance.
      Of course it's very unusual, but not impossible.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      for the most part you can have huge swings even with 15% ROI. the best attitude is to completely ignore short term