Downswing

• tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      last week i played about 100 games and i am down 21 BI.I am at my best game now, i play so much better and so much more that i did in the past , but the last week just killed my spirit. and i am playing regulars not turbos. happened to anyone else?
  • 12 replies
    • tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      i also have another question. i just got sng wizard, but i don't know where to get my hand history from, so i can analyze my game.
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      the hand history is stored on your computer (if you have activated that option at your poker-client), where the client is installed.

Most downswings hurt and ~20BI is not just nothing but it will happen again and again and again so it's nothing unusual. Just keep concentrating on your game. gl!
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      chin up
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      tevere it happened to me when i played on stars last. down somewhere between 100 and 150 buyins over 250 games
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      20BI swings perfectly normal - no need to panic. Just post your hands to make sure there are no obvious leaks and play through it.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      yep, 20 BI downswing is pretty normal have had those a lot. just keep playing you're A-game and you will keep winning in the long run ;) . also keep a close eye on you're game by analysing posting hands, watching videos and going to coachings to find any leak that might have slipped into you're game if any
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Boku87 who is crushing sit'gos has had over 500 tourneys downswings so everything is possible.
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      ihufa don t mislead him 100 or 150 downswings in 250 is just bad that isn t a downswing if you beat the limit it isn't possible to get a downswing that large... srry but i don't believe you
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladd20
      ihufa don t mislead him 100 or 150 downswings in 250 is just bad that isn t a downswing if you beat the limit it isn't possible to get a downswing that large... srry but i don't believe you
      I don't want to be rude, but for how long are you playing SNGs? And which buy ins?
      I'm pretty sure ihufa does not only play 5$ SNGs ;)
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      i ve played over 6000 sngs up to 22 but to be honest i don't have a decent sample size on the 22 , but i do have a a sample size of 1000 on 11 s and 3000 on 5's so i think in this case i'm somehow in title to give my opinion , i know the reason you are patronizing me..is because i m bronze but i don't play on a tracked account ...because if i did i would have been diamond at least 1 time and platinum almost all the time so pls .... and yes i do think 150 buy ins downswing in 250 games is just bad...you can t have that if you beat the limit unless you are tilting, unless we are talking about mtt sng s but that s another story, and by saying that he does not play only 5 dollar sng s what does that mean? does it matter? if you beat the limit which i mentioned it s the same, yes it is higher variance because of the loose calling from regs but that s still bad if you don t adapt you re pushing ....so...don t really get the point of your post...you know you can get platinum without playing very well right? i don t say that s the case, but pls think twice before saying such things
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Yes I know about the status system and at the moment I am not able to play 10% of the amout I'd like to play and the reason for my comment was not your bronze status!

As you are playing up to 22$ SNGs I guess "beating a limit" is something around 10% ROI. But beating 60$s for example with a ROI of 5% is awesome and 3% is still veeeery solid. So the variance depends on limits and if you think about it, there is a difference between 5$ and 20$ BIs concerning variance.
      Of course it's very unusual, but not impossible.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      for the most part you can have huge swings even with 15% ROI. the best attitude is to completely ignore short term