iPoker deals, legal?

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hello,

I hear there are a bunch of iPoker illegal deals out there. Supposedly iPoker doesn't allow rakeback deals. However, there are other deals out there that don't claim to be rakeback deals but end up being the same thing. It all comes down to people depositing some money in your account in the beginning of the month. If they call it rakeback or bonus dollars, or reload bonus or whatever, it doesn't matter. It's all the same, I guess.

How to know if a deal is legit or no? And also, what could be the consequences of being in an illegal deal?

If anybody has some information about it, I appreciate it.

Cheers
  • 9 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Deals discussed through PM/AIM and stuff are under-the-table if your handler doesn't got a public website open with all % in detail.

A deal is legal if you see those (how to earn points and stuff)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      But do you get it from Titan Poker itself or from an external affiliate site?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      But do you get it from Titan Poker itself or from an external affiliate site?
      they lie the term loyaly and club bonus

From the VIP site itself. He calculated his rake and the bonus so then he can calculate his %
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Deals discussed through PM/AIM and stuff are under-the-table if your handler doesn't got a public website open with all % in detail.

A deal is legal if you see those (how to earn points and stuff)

So I guess that deal I asked you about last month is legal, since they have a website?
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I cant see this thread being allowed here. You are better off at 2+2. But if you decide to go this route ask for references to make sure they are legit. Also bear in mind that affiliates at Titan, at least, get 30% of net rake so you can get an idea of the rakeback figures possible.

Consequences is that if you are caught your affiliate's account gets closed down and you no longer get this extra as a result never use an under the table deal at a place like FTP as you would end up with no rakeback at all at iPoker it's no big deal, i think i dont speak from experience just an educated guess.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      I cant see this thread being allowed here.
      I must agree. PokerStrategy.com is an Affliate after all and this doesn't benefit them.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello caltabiano,

If a site is not publicly advertising its deals and needs to talk to you via e-mails or even private messaging, its a good indicator of the "legality" of the deal. If a deal is really good, yet can't be talked about publicly then its most likely because they don't want people from iPoker to find out about them offering it.

The reason that they don't want iPoker to find out about it is because they are breaching network or poker room policy by offering it. This means that probably 95%+ of these 'deals' are not really legit.

So what are the consequences of signing up through one of these deals?

- First off you are dealing with people that don't have problems with breaching policies for personal profit. If it is an affiliate you should be aware of the danger that you might not actually be paid what you were promised or that you aren't paid at all. This can result in you earning exactly 0 rakeback. It can also be that the deal is exposed and his affiliate contract terminated. In this case you will also lose out on your rakeback.

- If it is a skin that is offering the deal directly the danger is a bit more direct since this time the provider actually has full access to your bankroll. If it is a small skin that is simply interested in attracting a lot of players through illegal deals until it suddenly goes "bankrupt" you run the risk of losing your entire bankroll. The other alternative is once more that the room in question is simply terminated or kicked out of the network (as several rooms recently have). This can also carry the loss of your bankroll/rakeback with it.

- Ultimately it is up to you if you want to take the risk and whether you want to condone and support illegal activity by signing up through these kind deals. You won't go to jail for it, but you can certainly lose your bankroll.

As a website we only partner with large established Poker Rooms like Titan, bet365 and Mansion since they are trustworthy and also have excellent loyalty systems. Playing at these can also give very good return on rake and you can be sure that they will also still be there in a few months time :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Alright, thanks for all the answers guys =) And I'm sorry if this kind of thread is against Pokerstrategy policies in any way.

I've just been seeing so many of these iPoker deals and also I've been reading a lot about them and just wanted to hear other opinions about it.

Cheers
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I've just been seeing so many of these iPoker deals and also I've been reading a lot about them and just wanted to hear other opinions about it.
      Always be careful about which skin of a network you play on. If a skin is offering rakeback that is against the terms of service they could be forcefully removed from the network. Historically speaking this has led to the players on that skin losing their money forever. :s_cry: