$10.70
      MP1:
      $4.40
      MP2:
      $13.25
      MP3:
      $11.50

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, T.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, UTG1 raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.95) 2, 5, T (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.95) 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

River: ($7.95) 9 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, UTG1 raises to $11.75, Hero calls $1.35.

Final Pot: $27.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of tens(Jd Td).

UTG1 shows a pair of queens(Qs Qd).

UTG1 wins with a pair of queens(Qs Qd).

Preflop: normally I fold a reraise but a limp/reraise is very weak I think, so i call.

Flop: he bet only 1/2 pot so I think my Top Pair is good enough to call.
      Turn: He bet again only 1/2 pot so I think I am still good with my top pair.
      River: He bet only 1/4 pot so I think he is bluffing and reraising him.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Most people tend to see limp/min3bets as very strong. I'd also call in position with a hand as good as JTs getting incredible odds, but that would be with the goal of flopping big enough to stack a big pair.

As played peeling the flop is fine you made top pair and you're getting 3:1 immediate odds with a likely 5 outer and good implied odds if he really has a big pair.

The turn is probably a fold, nothing changed and he bet again, i think it's pretty clear he has an overpair at that point and you get the same situation as on the flop except you're almost certain you're behind and your implied odds have decreased due to the stacks behind not being as deep anymore. I don't hate another peel as long as you know you're actually drawing.

Raising the river just doesn't make any sense to me at that point, he can't have a worse hand and he's certainly not folding any better hand. Calling is okayish given the odds tho i think you're behind very very often.

Hope it helps.